Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Need dinner in a hurry? My neighbor Sarah shared this simple chicken recipe with me, which is perfect when you need dinner in a hurry but don’t have anything planned! I’m betting you have most of the ingredients in your pantry, and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than the time it would take you to swing through McDonald’s.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup potato flakes (or substitute with bread crumbs)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in halves
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix together Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and potato flakes in a pie plate.
- In separate pie plate, melt butter.
- Dip chicken in butter, then dredge in potato flake mixture, then place in baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 5/5/14):
- Tyson Frozen Chicken Breasts $7.99/lb. at Kroger
- Publix Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $2.99/lb.
- Bi-Lo 40 oz. Frozen Chicken Breasts 40 oz. BOGO $11.99/lb.
- Winn Dixie Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 40 oz BOGO $12.99/lb.
- Use $.50/2 Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes coupon from the 2/2 Smart Source insert