My family loves this easy recipe for slow cooker barbecue stuffed potatoes. It's a no-frills, dress it up how you want, frugal crowd pleaser!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
This is a recipe I posted wayyyyyy back in 2012 but it's SUCH a yummy and frugal recipe to have in your back pocket!
If you're anything like me, shopping with a bunch of kids tagging behind you in the summertime is at the very bottom of your what-I'd-just-love-to-do-this-summer list. Thankfully, my little stockpile has saved me from making way too many grocery runs this summer! As I was hunting down a recipe to make this week, I decided it would be soooo nice if I could find something that we had ingredients on hand for. This one fit the bill.
In this recipe, a simple slow cooker barbecue chicken tops plain baked potatoes for a SUPER cheap dinner on a busy night! Add some cheese? Yes please!
Slow Cooked BarbecuePotatoes
We had a few baking potatoes left over from grilling night last week. And thanks to couponing, I had enough barbecue & Worcestershire sauce to last me at least until my son heads off to college. (Okay, not really, but we do have quite a few bottles in the pantry!) And as you may have figured out from the picture, I had two bottles of barbecue sauce all but cleared out in the fridge, so I let them sit upside down a bit to use up every last bit before throwing away those bottles.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
- 12 oz. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- baking potatoes
- cheese, sour cream, or chives (optional)
*NOTE: You can use just the bottled bbq sauce rather than adding other ingredients, but our family loves the extra sweetness and tang that comes from this recipe!
- Place frozen chicken breast in bottom of the crockpot. (If you need a new one – this one's 40% OFF today!)
- Mix together remaining four ingredients and dump them on top of the chicken..
- Cook in slow cooker on low, 6-7 hours or high 3 – 4 hours. (Mine was cooked on low for 6 hours and was completely cooked, however my slow cooker tends to run a little hot!)
- Meanwhile bake potatoes.
- Shred chicken and serve over potatoes. Add toppings as desired.
TIP: If you hate cleaning off cooked on barbecue sauce from your slow cooker, these slow cooker liners make cleanup a breeze!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.