FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
This one dish skillet will have you dreaming of bacon cheeseburgers! But this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is so much healthier.
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole (Delicious AND Low Calorie? WOW!)
I love a good one dish recipe and this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is just about perfect. It's kid friendly too! 🙌🏻
When you think of bacon, cheeseburgers and pasta, low calorie might not be the first thing that comes to your mind. However, we've done some magic on this recipe and even if you're watching your waistline you can indulge in this recipe for under 350 calories!
🍴 Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in Week 12 of our Low Calorie Menu Planning Made Easy Recipe Box!
Ingredients for Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole:
All the ingredients you want in a bacon cheeseburger and more!
- Ground Beef
- Red Onion
- Seasoned Salt
- Half and Half
All of these ingredients combine to make this delicious (and a bit unique!) pasta dish.
If you've got other favorite burger toppings feel free to add them at the end to customize to your taste buds. 🙂
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole:
Did someone say bacon??? Cook some chopped bacon and red onion in a large deep skillet. I prefer an iron skillet but any deep skillet will do.
Add a pound of lean ground beef or even ground turkey and a bit of seasoned salt and continue to cook with the bacon and onions until the meat is browned. Drain well.
Toss in some tomatoes, beef broth, dill relish, water and pasta. You'll cover and simmer that until the pasta is cooked.
Lookin' good! 😋
Stir in mozzarella cheese, half and half, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Things are getting a bit saucy here but this combination really does work – just trust the process!
Continue to cook this over medium-high heat stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Take off heat and let stand a couple of minutes before serving to thicken up the sauce a bit more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with extra cheese, pickles, onions and bacon or any of your other favorite burger toppings!
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tsps seasoned salt
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 Tbsps dill relish
- 8 oz cavatappi pasta (or macaroni)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fat-free half and half
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsps yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a large deep skillet add chopped bacon. Cook a few minutes then add chopped red onion. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is soft.
- Add ground beef and seasoned salt and continue to cook with the bacon and onions until meat is browned. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, dill relish, 1 cup water and pasta. Stir and bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, half and half, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Take off heat and let stand a couple of minutes before serving to thicken up the sauce a bit more. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese, pickles, onions and bacon, if desired.
Looking for more delicious meals like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole?
This recipe is from week twelve of our low calorie menu plans. You'll get this meal and 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)!
You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other people using these same meals. It's a great place to get ideas for side items, as well as tips and tricks for the recipes.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet!
It's the only menu plan that ships all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you. You don't have to download anything or try to hunt down a recipe on your phone ever again!
Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you liked this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, here are some more family friendly recipes to enjoy!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
marjorie sylvander says
Can I freeze this ?
Madison ~ PPP Team says
You definitely can freeze this!
Susan Thor says
Would this be okay served the next day?
I think it would be – but probably better the first day!