My sweet husband made us a strawberry pie yesterday.
You can see how he made it (and built an arbor too this weekend . . . ) right over HERE.
It was divine.
This is the same pie recipe he made the very first time he and I ever talked on the phone.
And it's still just as yummy as it was way back then.
(In fact, maybe even yummier today since it has 23 years of tradition piled in.) 🙂
If penny pinched strawberries are calling your name right now, here's your opportunity to make this one too.
James's Favorite Strawberry Pie
- baked pie crust
- 4 cups strawberries, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 tablespoons strawberry Jell-o
- Bring water, sugar, and corn starch to boiling on low heat, until thickened (you'll need to stir this constantly)
- Add 4 tablespoons of Strawberry Jello, cool slightly.
- Drizzle jello mixture over berries
- Refrigerate until firm, slice and enjoy!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.