Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
A friend of mine mentioned this recipe for strawberry salsa, and I'm so glad she did! Since strawberries are in season here and have been priced so well, I loved trying out a new way to use them.
My favorite strawberry recipe is still this strawberry pie, but this is a fun twist to serve at a get together. And, since fruit is so inexpensive while it's in season, it's a great way to take advantage of some great sales out there! Here's the recipe so you can try it out too.
I love all the fresh ingredients and it just looks SO pretty!
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry fruit preserves
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat one side of flour tortillas with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut tortillas into wedges and place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes and allow to cool. Serve with the salsa and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Looking for more great fruit recipes?
- Our Favorite Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Berry Trifle
- Apple Snicker Salad
- Strawberries and Cream
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.