Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
If you’re looking for a super flexible recipe to use up whatever’s in your pantry, this is for you.
I add butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate chips into mine, but you can take away any of the baking chips and it still turns out amazing!
It’s my nine-year old daughters top five favorite desserts 🙂 and we sometimes add ice cream to it but it’s really perfect all on its own. Yum!
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Brownies
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate chips (you can decide how much of them to equal 2 cups)
1/4 teaspoon of shortening (use shortening do not substitute this one)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 15-1/2×10-1/2×1 in jelly roll pan (I had no idea what this was but head over HERE for an idea)
2. Stir together brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt just until blended. (try not to over mix). Set aside 2 tablespoons of each of the baking chips of your choice. Stir in the remaining chips in the batter.
3. Spread the batter in the pan
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
5. Place remaining 2 tablespoons of each of the baking chips and shortening in a small microwave bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars.
Recipe adapted from Hershey’s Kitchen.
Looking for more easy dessert ideas?
Here you go!
- S’more Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy Apple Dumplings
- S’more Banana Boats
- Fresh Fruit Dessert Pizza
- Deep Dish Caramel Brookie
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Head on over HERE.