My husband’s office is nuts and each person brings in a homemade batch of cookies to share each week before Christmas, and his co-worker Jordan was sweet enough to share the recipe with me!
James said they were delicious (high praise from him – he’s usually pretty picky), and I can’t wait to try them out. However, they may have to wait until next Christmas – I’m just about ready for some new year’s dieting to start but this is the last dessert I’ll share for at least a week or two.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites (Adapted from Taste of Home)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz each)
- Optional – colored sprinkles
1. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt until smooth. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
3. Set up paper-lined miniature muffin cups to prepare treats in, either in a muffin tin or on a plate.
4. Drop enough chocolate mixture into each muffin cup to cover the bottom (1/4 full).
5. Roll peanut butter interior picture into small balls (1/4 – 1/2”) and add 1 ball to the chocolate layer of each treat.
6. Fill the remaining muffin cup with chocolate mixture and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Store in refrigerator until ready to eat! Makes roughly 30 treats.
Looking for more Christmas recipes to try out this Christmas? Here are a few of our favorites . . .
- 5 Ingredient Buckeyes
- Christmas Crack
- Slow Cooker Christmas Candy
- Honey Bun Cake (a.k.a. Happy Birthday Jesus Cake)
- Peppermint Glazed Chocolate Cake
- Simply Delicious Peanut Butter Fudge
- Hello Dollies
- Easy Marshmallow Fudge
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Chex Muddy Buddies
- Homemade Chex Mix
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies