FREE HOME PLANNING
If you're looking for a great pizza dough recipe, we will walk you step by step on how to make pizza dough for the best pizza night EVER!
Pizza Dough Recipe – Just 5 Ingredients and SO Easy for Pizza Night!
There is no reason on the planet to ever pay for pizza dough. Not a SINGLE one. This pizza dough recipe is SO easy to whip up and makes for a really fun pizza night too. You can make this as 2 medium sized pizzas or make single size pizzas so everyone can make their own.
Here's how to make pizza dough right at home:
Gather up your ingredients. This one only takes 5 items (not including the water) and you probably already have them on hand!
- active dry yeast
- brown sugar
- warm water
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
To start, in a medium size bowl, dissolve yeast and the brown sugar in warm water, and let this sit for about 10 minutes. Next, stir in salt and oil, and then mix in 2 1/2 cups of your flour.
You'll then want to turn your dough onto a well floured surface and knead in more flour until the dough in no longer sticky. After that, place the dough into a WELL oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and let the dough rise until it's double in size. This will probably take about an hour. It's best if you can find somewhere warm to set the bowl as it rises.
Once your dough is ready, punch it down and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to rest for a minute or so before you roll it out. It's now ready for the best part – baking, cheese, and toppings!
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees farenheit. If you're using a pizza stone, you can add your toppings on the dough and bake immediately…. but if you're baking your homemade pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for another 15 – 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
Add your cheese and desired toppings, then pop it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the cheese and crust are golden brown. Enjoy!
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast and brown sugar in the warm water, and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt and oil, then mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.Turn dough onto a well floured surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and let dough rise until it's double in size (about 1 hour.) Note - I like to leave it somewhere warm to rise
- Punch dough down and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to rest for a minute before rolling out. Now you can use it for your favorite pizza recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If using a pizza stone, you can put your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, around 15 to 20 minutes.
This dough recipe makes enough for two medium sized pizzas at our house, so we made one traditional pizza and one barbecue chicken pizza.
For the barbecue chicken pizza, once dough is rolled out, we top it with barbecue sauce, mozzarella, pre-cooked grilled chicken and green onions (or other toppings.)
SO SO good and such an easy pizza dough recipe to use to make your own pizzas at home. Let us know if you try it!
And to prove how long we really HAVE been using this dough recipe in our home – take a look at the girls making these pizzas YEARS ago. My goodness, they were so tiny!
Here's Reagan, mixing up the yeast
And here she is about to mix up the dough (in her ballerina dress of course . . .)
And here's Caroline kneading the dough . . . Can you tell who the worker is at our house?
Looking for more easy recipe ideas? Here are some of our favorites!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.