One of my things about summertime is extra lazy mornings to enjoy a big breakfast. Unfortunately, because of my kiddos activities this summer we only have a few extra mornings at home, but when we do have them I love taking time to make them something they love to start the day.
Last week I thought I’d try out a new Buttermilk Pancake recipe (which doesn’t really need Buttermilk) because the recipe I’ve used for years really wasn’t all that good. These are by far the best pancakes I’ve tried, and we’ll definitely be using them as our regular recipe in the future. You might get a better pancake at Cracker Barrel, but that’s only because they do the cookin’ for you.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk (or use 3 tbsp. vinegar plus enough milk to make 3 cups ~ let sit on counter five minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, beat buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Heat griddle to medium high heat.
- Add the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir using fork just until blended together (there will be lumps, just try to mix it well enough so that everything's mixed and get rid of as many lumps as possible without over mixing.)
- Add batter onto griddle, using about 1/2 cup per pancake.
- Cook on both sides until done and serve.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Looking for more recipe ideas? If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE, and be sure to try out our favorite waffle recipe too, these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, or Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast.