Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
You must try out this super simple grilled chicken teriyaki “cook-once-eat-twice” meal ~ it is so incredibly yummy and so simple to make!
This week as I was keeping up with our Back To School Cooking Challenge (the first week after sending my sweet Caroline off to college!), I was determined to keep dinnertime a priority around here for my husband youngest daughter Reagan.
(The poor girl has 4 more years hanging out with her parents ~ we've still got to make dinner time happy each night!)
🍴 TIP: You can also find this recipe in Week 1 of our Summer Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
You can easily substitute the homemade dressing mix below for Ken's Steak House Asian Sesame Dressing. It's so good!
So we grilled this chicken on Thursday and served it with steamed veggies and rice (I forgot to take a picture but it was so good!), then made up a salad using the leftover chicken tonight.
IT WAS A-H-M-A-ZING.
I don't know what it is about a fresh salad, but making it up with just the right ingredients always turns it into one of my favorite meals.
And if you have someone at home who won't just devour each chicken bite? Add some frozen egg rolls or even crab Rangoon to round out your meal.
Scroll down for the grilled chicken recipe and the salad suggestions, and enjoy the happiest (easy!) meal. I know your family will love this one and it's easy peasy ~ enjoy!
Ingredients for Chicken Teriyaki:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- low sodium soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- dried onion flakes
- olive oil
- white vinegar
- garlic powder
Go ahead and grab a large bowl and mix together your soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, olive oil, vinegar and garlic powder. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
Add in your chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least two hours until you are ready to grill.
You can also make this in the oven following directions for cooking a chicken breast, but it is truly AMAZING on the grill.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 3 Tbsps white vinegar
- 1 Tbsps garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Stir together until the sugar dissolves. Add chicken breasts; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-heat. Using tongs, place chicken breasts on the grill. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn breasts over and grill 5-7 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
Also, since you've also taken the time to make the chicken – you can save half of this recipe and make an entire other meal!
Use the remaining items to make this Asian Grilled Chicken Salad (it's also from our Summer Menu plan – week 1!). It's SO delicious and super quick since you have the protein done already.
Ingredients for Asian Grilled Chicken Salad:
- 2 lbs grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts (reserved from recipe above)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 10 oz pkg spring mix salad blend
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 11 oz can mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
How to build your Asian Grilled Chicken salad:
In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar. Refrigerate until serving.
Next, grab your chicken from the prior recipe and warm through. Slice thinly.
In a large bowl, toss salad greens, noodles, green onion, cheese, and cranberries.
Divide salad mixture between individual serving plates, then top with sliced grilled chicken, oranges and almonds. Drizzle each serving with desired amount of dressing.
Looking for more yummy meals like this Teriyaki Chicken? These recipes are from week one of our summer menu plans. They include 60 amazing dinner recipes and 12 desserts too! You also get access to our private Facebook group – full of tips and tricks for all of these meals.
Here are some other dinner recipes you may enjoy!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.