This easy to make crustless zucchini quiche recipe is loaded with flavor without all the fat. It's will quickly become a family favorite!
Crustless Zucchini Quiche Recipe
Looking for a light side dish or main dish to add to your menu? You've got to try this skinny zucchini quiche recipe! I was looking for something a little “lighter” to serve while my family was in town, and this worked perfectly.
I am so. so. SO. glad I made it . . . because it was delicious.
and . . .
it's a great recipe that's good for you too!
The best part?
Since it's a meatless meal, not only will you skimp on calories, you'll also skimp on price without sacrificing taste at all.
I love that. 🙂
Here's how to make Zucchini Quiche:
Shred or grate the zucchini (I used three good sized zucchinis as I was making two quiches). Since I was pressed for time, I just popped them in my Black & Decker Chopper(I love this thing!).
Squeeze as much water out of the zucchini as you can (I used my salad spinner which worked great!). If you don't, your quiche can end up watery and will affect both the flavor and texture.
Add your flour, parmesan cheese, shredded cheese, and the rest of your ingredients except the beaten egg mixture and zucchini into a large bowl – then add the zucchini and pour the slightly beaten eggs on top.
Mix it up until well combined and pour that into a greased pie plate and pop it in your pre-heated oven.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes. . . and you're done!
This meal was absolutely delicious, and you could completely customize it for your family. If you wanted you could add in bell peppers or add in some cheddar cheese. You could even cook it in a pie crust if your family prefers a crust 🙂
Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 10 oz Zucchini, Shredded About 2 medium, squeeze out as much liquid as possible
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chives, Fresh Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Part Skim Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pepper To Taste
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in one large bowl.
- Add both cheeses, onions, chives, olive oil and zucchini to the dry mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and pour on top of the ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into a greased pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes and let stand 5 minutes before serving ~ Enjoy!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.