This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe has been on my slow-cookin’ Pinterest board forever, but when my friend Mary mentioned last week that she tried it out and loved it, I knew I needed to make it at our house too! And, when I looked over what was in my pantry and fridge yesterday to make dinner, I realized this is one of those simple recipes that calls for ingredients I already had at home. (I love that.)
While I love coupon shopping, I absolutely hate making a second trip for things that weren’t on my list the first time around, so if I can find a meal with what I have at home I’m always so happy to try it out. This one was great for a busy weeknight meal, and having Mrs. Potts do the cooking after I spent five minutes filling her up of course makes life easier around here. Let me know what you think if you make it for dinner sometime soon!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (can be frozen)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place chicken in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Mix together soup and salsa and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix in sour cream.
- Serve on tortillas, or you could use it as a dip with chips or even over rice.
Here are a few sales that you’ll want to watch for this week on these items if you don’t have them at home:
- $0.50/1 Daisy Sour Cream (Ibotta Deposit), or $0.50/1, $0.45/1 Daisy Cottage Cheese, exp. 6/1/13 (SS 03/10/13)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.99/lb at Publix
- Kroger Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins Frozen 2.5-3 lb bag $6.99
- Casa Mamita Salsa $1.69 at Aldi’s
Recipe adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.