This is for you.
With Super Bowl Sunday right around the corner, I knew I needed to find a yummy appetizer on a skinny-slimmed up diet.
(Still working on the 21 Day Fix over here!)
It’s so simple, pretty penny pinched, and yummy too.
Honestly, the bulk of your calories on a dip come from the chips, so if you can serve it with celery you’ll skip a few calories too.
Skinny 7 Layer Dip
8 oz container fat-free sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional ~ I did not include cilatro)
1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
5 dashes hot pepper sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 cups shredded lettuce or broccoli slaw (I used broccoli slaw to add in a little better veggies)
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 Roma (plum) tomato, chopped
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, garlic, cilantro, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce and half of the lemon juice until blended
- Spread shredded lettuce or broccoli slaw over a 12-inch serving platter.
- Next layer on black beans
- Top with can of drained Mexican-style corn
- Then top with sour cream mixture
- Layer salsa on top of the sour cream mixture
- Top with Mexican cheese, black olives, green onions, and tomato.
- Serve cold with chips.
Take a look at these 12 lightened up Super Bowl Splurges.
And, if you’re looking for a few more Super Bowl favorites that aren’t quite so healthy, here you go . . .
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls (y’all, these are divine.)
- Slow Cooker Nachos
- Sassy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Chicken Crack Dip
- Slow Cooker Chicken Rotel Dip
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sliders
- Slow Cooked Pork Spare Ribs
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.