These fruit kabobs are quick to make. The fruit kabob dip takes less than 5 minutes and 3 ingredients to make. Use any fruit you want!
Rainbow Fruit Kabobs with Fruit Kabob Dip
I've made these delicious kabobs for several special occasions. They make such a beautiful presentation and will really dress up your gathering. They are SO easy to whip up too and really are perfect for Summer!
Feel free to use any fruit you like for this kabob and dip recipe. It's really up to your preferences and what you have on hand!
Best Fruits to use for Kabobs
Just about any fruit will work for skewered fruit on a stick. I like to use fruits that don't brown (like bananas, apples or peaches) so I try to choose fruits that will last longer (great choices are strawberries and cantaloupe for this!).
Like a fruit salad, pick a variety of colors so your presentation will really stand out. Or think about the occasion and match your fruit to the event. 🙂
Here are a few of my favorite fruits to use for kabobs:
- pineapple chunks
- cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon
- seedless grapes (Green grapes or red grapes)
- kiwi slices
How do you make fruit kabobs?
These are SO easy but really make a WOW impact on your guests!
- Prepare the fruit by washing, drying and then cut the fruit into slices, chunks, wedges or melon balls.
- Then thread fruit onto the skewers alternating colors and fruits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: You can use bamboo skewers, wooden skewers, or metal fruit skewers. Any one you have on hand will work just fine!
Can you make these in advance and can you freeze them?
You can definitely make these ahead of time. In fact, you can make the fruit dip a day or two in advance. The fruit will keep in the refrigerator up to 12 hours and that also gives the fruit a good chance to be well chilled before serving. 😎
Fruit does not typically freeze well, so I would not recommend trying to freeze your kabobs.
How do you keep these fresh?
Depending on which fruits you choose to use, these should stay fresh for a day or two. I wouldn't suggest using bananas, apples or even peaches if you need them to last longer. Instead choose fruits that tend to keep a bit longer.
What to Serve with Fruit Kabobs
The fruit kabob dip listed below is our absolute favorite way to serve these, but they can definitely stand on their own.
A few other suggestions are chocolate fondue, fruit yogurts, strawberry cream cheese or whipped cream!
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 7 oz container marshmallow creme
- 2-3 Tbsps juice - orange, pineapple, fruit, any flavor you like
- fruit - grapes, pineapples, red raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi or any fruit you like
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and marshmallow creme.
- Add juice and beat until smooth.
- Transfer to smaller bowl and cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight containerand place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftovers in fridge.
- Clean and wash fruit.
- Place fruit in bowls.
- Thread skewer with a variety of fruit.
- Serve immediately or chill with fruit dip.
Here are a few of our other favorite fruity desserts!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Not Your Momma's Banana Pudding
- Strawberry Pie
- Berry Trifle Dessert
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Strawberry Salsa
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.