Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a twist on plain old chicken cacciatore? Here you go!
After scoring a great price on pork chops last week at Fresh Thyme, I had to come up with something to actually do with them.
And while normally I’d grill them or bake them, I came across this recipe and decided to try it out. (My husband loves any type of spaghetti and I haven’t made it in ages.)
This was so good, and easy. I did brown the pork chops ahead of time but several commenters shared that they skipped that step and it worked out fine too ~ easy way to make a different meal and have it all ready early in the day for a busy weeknight!
Here’s how to get started . . .
Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 18 oz jar pasta sauce
- 18 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (I omitted them because I didn’t have any, but they would have been so good!)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (substituted with shredded Mozzarella)
- Lightly brown pork chops in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops in slow cooker.
- Cook onion same pan over medium heat until browned.
- Add in mushrooms and bell pepper, cook until these vegetables are tender.
- Add in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine or chicken broth.
- Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic.
- Cover pork chops with tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta, and top with mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!
Love slow cooker recipes? Here are 5 reasons you need to use your slow cooker every single week + 17 recipes to help you get started.
And if you’re looking for a decent slow cooker, this one has fantastic reviews!