Have you made your menu plan yet for the week? We had such a nice weekend with my in-laws here (and I cooked a bunch), so this week I’m really just using up what we already have. (I love weeks like that!)
I always worry so much over keeping up here on PPP whenever we have family in town, but every single time they’re here I’m incredibly reminded of how precious this life is. James’s dad has handled just a really crummy disease in such a gracious way, and goodness, it’s such an example to me to face my little piddly problems with a little more courage each day.
these pictures are from last 4th of July – I can’t believe I didn’t take any more this weekend!
If you know someone who’s struggling through a difficult illness, I so encourage you to take a minute to pray for them today, and maybe bake them up a batch of cookies too. (I’m not incredibly gifted in many areas, but I do make a mean batch of cookies, do I fill James’s dad up every chance I get.)
Okie dokie, back to menu planning . . . here’s what we’re having this week!
- Monday -Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes (James made a bunch of barbecue this weekend on the his smoker, so I just need to bake potatoes for dinner tonight – we love these! You could also make this slow cooked root beer barbecue or slow cooked barbecue stuffed potatoes)
- Tuesday – Leftover chicken and rice soup, homemade bread
- Wednesday – Leftover lasagna from the weekend, salad
- Thursday – Fend-for-your-self-night (we’ve got a football game, volleyball practice and soccer practice ~ whatever my bunch finds in the kitchen to eat is what they’ll be having!)
- Friday – Pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes (using the rest of the potatoes left from dinner tonight), salad and veggies