Baked Caramel Apple Pork Chops
adapted from All Recipes
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 6 tsp. apple juice
- 4 (3/4″ thick) pork chops Center-Cut Pork Rib Chops, $3.49 at Publix
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp. brown sugar
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2-3 apples sliced thinly it looks like Aldi's will have your best prices on these this week!
- Mix together soy sauce and apple juice and marinade for a few hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Meanwhile, saute pork chops in oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Place in 8×11 baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Add butter to skillet over medium heat, and stir in brown sugar mixture with apples. Cover and cook until apples are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove apples from stovetop (leaving the sauce on the stove), then cover pork chops with apples.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered on stovetop until it thickens (if necessary, add a small amount of corn starch to thicken.) Pour over pork chops and apples.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 25 minutes, until pork chops are done.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Serve with . . .
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole (at least that's what we had using last week's cheap Green Giant Steamers, because it was my son's favorite and of course his night to pick!)
- Simple 7 Up Biscuits or Pillsbury Simply Biscuits On Sale $1.25 at Publix
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
This looks divine! I”ll have to make this tomorrow!
I hope you all like it Alice ~ hope your kids have had a great week back at school! 🙂