Best Bread Machine Dough Recipe with step by step instructions: this is by far the best bread machine dough recipe I've come across, and my family loves the smell of homemade bread when I bake this!
BEST Bread Machine Dough Recipe
This is the best bread machine bread you will ever eat. And it's easy. It's a little bit sweet, a little crusty, and softy and yummy on the inside….
You're welcome. 😉
Bread Machine Dough Recipe
Bread Machine Bread Dough Ingredients
- 1 Cup Water Warmed (110 - 115 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey If you don't have any, you can skip this, and it will still turn out fine!
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour You can also substitute with half whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Instant Active Dry Yeast
How to Make Homemade Bread in a Bread Machine
- Heat 1 cup of water to 110 degrees. (If you don't have a thermometer, just use slightly hot tap water and it will be just fine. (really!) I never use a thermometer and never have any problems with my bread machine dough rising.)
- Put all ingredients in the order above into bread machine (you don’t need to stir it , just dump it in!) Water, milk, oil, honey, brown sugar, salt, flour, then finally - yeast.
- Set bread machine on dough setting, and let it make the dough for you over the next couple hours.
- Once dough is made (it takes my machine about 1 1/2 hours to make just the dough), remove dough and place in loaf pan.
- Let bread machine dough rise for about 30 minutes to an hour, until it's around double the size. When I don't have time to let it rise, I just go ahead and bake it a little sooner and it works out fine. This recipe is extremely forgiving! Towards the end of this time, preheat oven to 350.
- Bake bread dough in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Note – if you’re away from home during the day you can let the bread machine do all the work for you, I just don’t like the weird shape that my bread comes out in when I use the machine so choose to make it on the dough setting and then bake it in a loaf pan.)
Now serve it up with homemade Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, and ENJOY!
If you don’t have a bread machine . . .
First, say a prayer that you’ll find one at a yard sale (I really do love mine ~ here's a reasonably priced on at Walmart that gets good reviews!)
You'll also want a good bread loaf pan.
Why Easy Homemade Bread Is WORTH MAKING
You may wonder, why do I take the time to make homemade bread when I can easily grab a loaf at the bakery….
Honestly? I've made this recipe for years now about once a month, and every time I pull down my bread machine out of the pantry my family gets a wee bit excited. In fact, when I was driving my 15 year old home from band practice before dinner I said “Guess what I made?”
“Some chocolate chip cookies?”
Seriously kid? Nope – not that either. Homemade bread! I really am the best mom, right? 😉
“Mmmmm . . . yup, you really are the best mom.” 😉
Folks, this kid is a sophomore so I only have a few more years to convince him my cooking is worth coming home for once he scoots off to college. If chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread and chicken and dumplings do it, you can bet we'll be eating a lot of those for the next few years . . .
And besides that – it's truly easy to make. It has a few steps, granted, but they're not hard steps!
I can't make it more often than once a month because I have very little self control when it comes to a loaf of warm homemade bread in the kitchen, but when I do it's just a happy treat for the whole family. It's so simple to make and takes about 5 minutes of effort ~ so worth it if your family loves homemade bread too!
Speaking of homemade bread recipes – I think you'll love these too…
If your family loves bread like mine does, try out some Best Ever Cinnamon Bread too.
And try this Macaroni Grill-inspired Rosemary Bread too.
So. so. good.
These Homemade Biscuits are to DIE for…
Garlic Pull-Apart Bread (this one cheats and uses biscuit dough!)
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.