FREE WORK PLANNER
Grab your bread maker and try this Bread Machine Dough Recipe. Pair with some yummy butter and this is the best bread recipe you'll ever try!
THE BEST Bread Machine Dough Recipe
This is the best bread recipe you will ever try. And it's SO easy. The bread comes out a little bit sweet, a little crusty, and softy and yummy on the inside…. just perfect.
You're welcome. 😉
Bread Machine Dough Recipe Ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- All Purpose Flour (no bread flour or wheat flour is needed – just regular all purpose is fine!)
- Instant Yeast (we use Instant Active Dry Yeast)
Here's how to make the BEST Homemade Bread:
Gather up your ingredients above and heat a cup of water to 110 degrees. If you don't have a thermometer, just use warm tap water. (Confession – I have NEVER used a thermometer and my bread has always turned out just fine!). One of the reasons I love this recipe is that it is SO forgiving!
Place all ingredients into the bread machine mixing bowl in this order; warm water , milk, oil, honey, brown sugar, salt, all purpose flour, then yeast. You do NOT need to worry about stirring!
Set your bread machine to the bread dough setting and then let the machine do all the work. This generally takes several hours depending on the machine that you use.
Once the dough is finished, remove and place into a greased loaf pan. You'll then want to let your bread rest until it doubles in size – this rise time will generally take between 30 minutes to an hour.
Near the end of that time, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Once your bread has doubled in size, place it in the oven for a bake time of about 30 minutes until golden brown. Place your loaf of bread on a cooling rack for a bit, and then enjoy! (We love this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter with our bread for a treat).
Bread Machine Dough Recipe
Bread Machine Bread Dough Ingredients
- 1 Cup Water Warmed (110 - 115 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey If you don't have any, you can skip this, and it will still turn out fine!
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour You can also substitute with half whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Instant Active Dry Yeast
How to Make Homemade Bread in a Bread Machine
- Heat 1 cup of water to 110 degrees. (If you don't have a thermometer, just use slightly hot tap water and it will be just fine. (really!) I never use a thermometer and never have any problems with my bread machine dough rising.)
- Put all ingredients in the order above into bread machine (you don’t need to stir it , just dump it in!) Water, milk, oil, honey, brown sugar, salt, flour, then finally - yeast.
- Set bread machine on dough setting, and let it make the dough for you over the next couple hours.
- Once dough is made (it takes my machine about 1 1/2 hours to make just the dough), remove dough and place in loaf pan.
- Let bread machine dough rise for about 30 minutes to an hour, until it's around double the size. When I don't have time to let it rise, I just go ahead and bake it a little sooner and it works out fine. This recipe is extremely forgiving! Towards the end of this time, preheat oven to 350.
- Bake bread dough in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Note – if you’re away from home during the day you can let the bread machine do all the work for you, I just don’t like the weird shape that my bread comes out in when I use the machine so choose to make it on the dough setting and then bake it in a loaf pan.)
Now serve it up with homemade Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, and ENJOY!
If you don’t have a bread machine . . .
First, say a prayer that you’ll find one at a yard sale (I really do love mine ~ here's a reasonably priced on at Walmart that gets good reviews!). You'll also want a good bread loaf pan.
While I prefer using this Bread Machine Dough Recipe, there are others out there that you can use to bake bread without the machine. This has just become our go to recipe and it's so good!
Why Easy Homemade Bread Is WORTH MAKING
You may wonder, why do I take the time to make homemade bread when I can easily grab a loaf at the bakery….
Honestly? I've made this recipe for years now about once a month, and every time I pull down my bread machine out of the pantry my family gets a wee bit excited.
In fact, many years ago as I was driving my then 15 year old home from band practice we had this conversation ….
“Guess what I made?”
“Some chocolate chip cookies?”
Seriously kid? Nope – not that either. Homemade bread! I really am the best mom, right? 😉
“Mmmmm . . . yup, you really are the best mom.” 😉
Folks, this kid was a sophomore at the time so I knew I only had a few more years to convince him my cooking is worth coming home once he scooted off to college.
If chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread and chicken and dumplings do it, you can bet we'll be eating those for years to come . . .
And besides the fact that it is delicious – it's truly easy to make. It has a few steps, granted, but they're not hard steps!
I can't make it more often than once a month because I have very little self control when it comes to a loaf of warm homemade bread in the kitchen, but when I do it's just a happy treat for the whole family.
It's so simple to make and takes about 5 minutes of effort ~ so worth it if your family loves homemade bread too! Give this Bread Machine Dough Recipe a try and let us know how you like it 🙂