This Pesto Tortellini Bake is SO creamy, delicious, and my whole family loves it. It is fast to make and freezer friendly too!
Chicken Pesto Tortellini Bake
Good gravy!!!! If you haven't tried our Baked Pesto Chicken Tortellini you have absolutely no idea what you're missing. This quickly became one of my kid's ALL TIME favorites once we added the recipe to our amazing Freezer Menus. In fact, it's just about a given that I make this every single time my college kiddo comes home!
Now, let's just talk about how easy this Baked Tortellini is. I mean, seriously the easiest recipe ~ with an enormous amount of flavor. This recipe is pretty much a dump-everything-in-a-dish-and-stir recipe. So I'm definitely not complaining about that!
Plus, it's INCREDIBLY kid friendly too! ❤️
Let's get to it!
🍴 Menu Planning Note: This recipe can also be found in our Freezer Meals Plan: Week 1!
- cheese tortellini
- Alfredo sauce (or make your own homemade Alfredo sauce)
- pesto (or make your own pesto)
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated
- rotisserie chicken (optional)
How to make Pesto Tortellini Bake:
This might be the simplest recipe on the whole planet. Throw all the ingredients into a big bowl, give a good stir and place in a baking dish. Boom!
You can choose to make this Chicken Pesto Tortellini Bake recipe with or without the added rotisserie chicken. During Lent season, this would be a great recipe for meatless Friday nights without the chicken. 🙂
Cover with foil and bake in a 375°F oven for about 25 minutes (or 50 minutes if cooking from frozen), uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until browned and that cheese is bubbly.
Can you freeze Pesto Tortellini Bake?
Absolutely! This recipe freezes just wonderfully. In fact, this is one of our ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes from our Freezer Menu Series. 🙂
What should you serve with Pesto Tortellini?
I'm always, always going to pick a nice big salad to serve with this recipe. But I also love a good crusty homemade bread alongside it as well. That's pretty much all you'll need for the perfect dinner in.
Pesto Tortellini Bake
- 1 lb pkg cheese tortellini, frozen or fresh
- 2 jars alfredo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (optional)
- In a large bowl combine tortellini, alfredo sauce, garlic, pesto, mozzarella cheese and chicken if using.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch disposable foil pan. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Label and freeze.
- To cook from frozen, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove plastic wrap and foil and then cover again with foil. Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until browned and bubbly.
You can find this recipe plus 59 other equally delicious recipes (plus 12 desserts) on our freezer menu plan! This purchase also includes membership to our amazing private facebook group that is full of the most encouraging folks on the planet. 🙂