Do not miss THE BEST Carrot Cake Recipe EVER. It is based on the Paula Deen Carrot Cake and is the best cake you'll ever taste. Give it a try!
Best Carrot Cake Recipe EVER – So Easy and Delicious!
I'm not sure that I knew that I even liked carrot cake, but after watching The Food Network and seeing this Paula Deen Carrot Cake being made – I just had to try it.
This is some heaven-sent cake – seriously the BEST ever carrot cake! The cream cheese frosting really makes it the best.
Just one little warning though: this is a three-layer cake. Take the time to make the layers and you'll LOVE the way it turns out!
How to make Carrot Cake
You'll want to start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and gathering up your carrot cake ingredients.
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- carrots (grated)
- pecans (optional)
Grab three – 9 inch pans and grease and flour them. Then line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
TIP: If you don't have 3 9 inch pans – Sister Schubert Roll pans work really well as a substitute if you have any of those around!
Combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) in a large mixing bowl. Then add your wet ingredients (eggs and vegetable oil). Blend those all together until well combined.
Add your grated carrots and pecans (if you're using them), then pour the cake batter mixture evenly into each of the baking pans and set a bake time for around 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle is clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 4 minutes – then remove the cakes from the pans, place on a cooling rack, and allow to cool completely.
While you're waiting for the pans to cool, you can make your delicious cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- pecans (optional)
Mix all of your ingredients (minus pecans if you're using them) in a medium bowl and beat until fluffy with a mixer (electric, hand or a stand mixer is fine) or in a food processor. It definitely helps if you have your cream cheese warmed to room temperature. After well combined, stir in your nuts.
Spread over each cake layer (you might need to trim the top of the cakes if they baked unevenly) and enjoy!
Best Carrot Cake Recipe (Based on Paula Deen Carrot Cake)
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- Butter Small Amount, For Pans
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour Plus More For Pans
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Carrots Grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans Chopped (Optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 16 oz Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 Stick Butter, Salted Room Temperature
- 16 oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped (Optional)
Carrot Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & Flour Three 9 inch pans. (Sister Schubert Roll pans work great if you don't have enough pans around your house!)
- Line bottom of pans with parchment paper
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Blend until combined.
- Add carrots and pecans (pecans are optional)
- Pour into pans. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 4 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
- Mix all ingredients except for nuts in medium bowl and beat until fluffy with a mixer.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread over each cake layer and enjoy!
If you try this best carrot cake recipe, you have to come back and tell me how you liked it – I can't wait to hear what you think!
Recipe from Paula Deen at Food Network.