FREE WHOLE FOODS
Feed a crowd the easy way with these seasoned and cheesy, yet crispy sheet pan hashbrowns that are baked in the oven until they're golden. So good!
Sheet Pan Hashbrowns – Easy, Cheesy, and SO GOOD!
I know there are a gazillion hashbrown casseroles out there but this sheet pan hashbrowns recipe has a bit of a twist.
It's all done in a jelly roll pan!
The beauty to making this in a sheet pan is that it crisps up so nicely so it really makes it more like a real hashbrown instead of a creamy casserole. We love both kinds but when we tested this recipe for our 5 ingredient box it was one of our faves!
MENU TIP: This Sheet Pan Hash browns with Ham and Cheese recipe is from week 7 of our 5 ingredient menu planning made easy set!
- frozen shredded hash browns
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced ham
How to Cook Hash Browns In the Oven:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together a 30 oz package of frozen hashbrowns (that have been thawed), 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 large lightly beaten eggs, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 8 ounces of diced ham and 1 teaspoon of salt. Press this mixture evenly into a greased 18×13-inch rimmed baking sheet (jelly roll pan).
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the hashbrowns are browned and crisp. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheddar cheesel. Put back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes.
Y'all, this one is really good and did I mention how easy it is??!!! 🙂
Sheet Pan Ham & Cheese Hashbrowns
- 30 oz pkg frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 4 Tbsps butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz pkg diced ham
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, stir together hashbrowns, melted butter, eggs, 1 cup cheese, ham and salt. Press mixture into a greased 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hashbrowns are browned and crisp. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese; bake 10 minutes longer.
What can you serve with hashbrowns with ham and cheese?
A skillet of scrambled eggs complement this recipe if you want to make it more of a breakfast meal. Or if you prefer it to be for dinner, we like to serve green beans or roasted broccoli alongside the sheet pan hashbrowns.
Another option is a fantastic fruit salad to serve alongside this hashbrown recipe. Our zesty fruit salad is AMAZING. Also you can never go wrong with this strawberry pretzel salad. We call it a salad but it's more like dessert!
Tips to make cooking hashbrowns in the oven a breeze:
I recommend to smooth the hashbrowns out as evenly as possible in the pan. If you make the edges too thin, the potatoes will crisp and possibly end up burning. You'll want to avoid doing this if you don't like crispy edges.
Feel free to add some additional toppings: we recommend sliced green onions, and a dollop of sour cream. A sunny-side-up fried egg on top of each serving will add more protein and be delicious too!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week seven of our 5 ingredients or less menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!