FREE WORK PLANNER
This crustless Quiche with tomatoes and spinach is easy to make and SO versatile too. Give it a try for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner!
Quiche with Tomatoes and Spinach
This crustless spinach and tomato quiche is one of my favorite recipes from our low calorie menu plans. It's so quick to make (15 minutes tops), has only 219 calories per serving, just 4 net carbs and you can eat it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! Plus it's delicious too. 😋
This recipe is kind of perfect!
MENU TIP: This Crustless Spinach and Tomato Quiche recipe is from week 6 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
What is Crustless Quiche made of?
- olive oil
- red onion
- green onions
- low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoned croutons
How to make Crustless Quiche with Tomatoes and Spinach:
Preheat your oven to 325°F and lightly grease a 9-inch pie or quiche pan.
Pre-cook the frozen spinach and then run under cold water to cool it down. Squeeze and squeeze and squeeze some more to get all the liquid out of the spinach. You'll get a nice hand work out :-).
Next, sauté the red onion, green onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil.
Combine 4 beaten eggs, 2 cups cottage cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, the onion and the spinach together in a large bowl.
Then pour the egg mixture into the prepared quiche pan and top with sliced tomatoes.
Bake the crustless quiche uncovered about 45 minutes. Remove it from the oven and sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed seasoned croutons (or use garlic croutons, yum).
Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Let stand 15 minutes then slice to serve.
Crustless Spinach and Tomato Quiche
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie or quiche pan.
- Prepare spinach in microwave according to package directions. Let cool or run under cold water. Drain and squeeze out all liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add red onion. Saute’ about 5 minutes; add green onions and garlic and cook another minute.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion mixture and spinach. Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed croutons. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Slice to serve.
What makes a quiche rubbery?
The number one reason a quiche may be rubbery is from using too many eggs. However, using too few eggs will leave your quiche runny and it won't set. If you remember the ratio of 1 large egg to 1/2 cup dairy this will ensure you won't end up with a rubbery quiche.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week one of our low cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
A HUGE thank you to Brenda in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her picture of the Crustless Spinach & Tomato Quiche. We all love this one! Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!