This is one of those simple throw-in-the-pot kind of recipes that make me fall in love with my crockpot all over again! Lately I've been struggling with having dinner planned ahead of time, so I love having my meal cooked for me after just a few minutes of prep work in the morning.
The pork chops at my store were sold in a huge pack of ten, so I used four for this recipe, and froze the rest in this Pantry Pork Chop Marinade. I was soooooo excited to have more marinated meat in the freezer, because as it's warming up outside my husband loves having food ready to grill at all times, and now I can just hand it over! 🙂
Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Rice
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 4 thick cut pork chops Assorted Pork Chops on Sale $1.99/lb.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can condensed chicken and rice soup not cream of chicken soup, although I'm betting you could substitute with cream of chicken if that's what's in your pantry!
- In shallow plate, combine flour, dry mustard, and seasoning salt. Heat oil over medium heat in skillet.
- Remove fat from pork chops, dip in flour mixture, and brown both sides in oil.
- Add pork chops to crockpot, then pour soup over top of the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- If you have oodles of sour cream at your house (like mine!), and aren't dieting . . . . . . you may want to try adding sour cream at the end of your cooking time as directed in this Sour Cream Pork Chop recipe over HERE. I think we may try that next time!
Serve with . . .
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.