FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
My family loves when I make these easy homemade biscuits – and the secret ingredient in this recipe is… 7Up!
Homemade Biscuits Recipe
I found these super delicious homemade biscuits while scrolling through Pinterest years ago, and knew my little crew would love them. I was right – they sure did!
My husband took one bite and was hooked . . . but when I asked him what the secret ingredient he replied “ummmm . . . butter?”
Well yes… definitely some butter went into these 😉 But you'd never guess that the secret ingredient is 7-Up! (It's also a cool science experiment to let your kiddos watch as the 7-Up gets all foamy while you mix!)
How to Make Homemade Biscuits from Scratch using 7 up
There are loads and loads of great biscuit recipes out there that will yield more traditional biscuits. One of my all time favorites is Margaret Anne's Biscuits (which are the type you'll eat with sausage gravy… YUM!)
These 7 up biscuits are a little different but still SO good. I've found these to be some of the easiest homemade biscuits I've ever made – which makes them great for beginner chefs!
Not to mention only 3 ingredients go into the dough.
They come out incredibly soft and fluffy every time – and you can make a huge batch in a jiffy. Serve these biscuits up with some slow cooker chicken noodle soup or a super yummy slow cooker pot roast!
- 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan
- 2 1/4 Cups Bisquick or Homemade Bisquick Mix
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup 7up
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees
- Add Bisquick mix to a large mixing bowl; cut in sour cream
- Pour in 7up and stir until it makes a soft dough
- Use a little extra Bisquick to sprinkle onto countertop
- Pat dough out and cut into biscuits (I use a small cup dipped in flour or Bisquick to easily cut biscuits)
- Melt butter in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan in oven
- Place cut biscuits into pan and bake 12 - 15 minutes
Have you ever tried these 7 up biscuits? They really are delicious and turn out SO well every time!
Join us in the kitchen while my sweet friend makes this biscuits and gravy recipe. How fun!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.