This simple recipe for slow cooker chicken and dumplings will knock your family's socks off – without you slaving away in the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Of all the recipes I've posted here on Passionate Penny Pincher, these Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings are consistently the ones people mention to me. In fact, I notice folks searching for them quite a bit too. It's a great comfort food to have in the Winter when it's chilly outside …. and tastes like it took forever.
They're just so easy and so stinkin' good . . . in fact they're one of my favorite slow cooked recipes (right next to these Open Faced roast beef sandwiches . . . mmmmmm.) Your family will think you’ve spent all day in the kitchen, and they taste just about as good as Cracker Barrel’s, which is a pretty big treat around our house! (Don't you just love Cracker Barrel's Dumplings?)
🍴 Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in the Slow Cooker Menu Plan: Week 10!
If you don't have time to make real dumplings from scratch, this is a great alternative. Just pull out your crockpot and let it do the cooking for you.
(You can also try out this Chicken & Dumpling Casserole . . . can you tell we like some Chicken & Dumplings around here?) 😉
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 - 2 lb chicken breast
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cans inexpensive biscuits cut into quarters
- Place chicken breast, soup, broth, water, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and onion in crockpot (everything except your biscuits)
- Cover and Cook on low six to seven hours
- One hour before dinner time, add quartered biscuits to crockpot. Gently stir in biscuits so that they're covered. (I used 1 and 1/2 of the two small cans of biscuits - enough to fill up to the top of my crockpot... you can use any leftover biscuits to bake and enjoy with your meal!)
- Cover and Cook an additional hour on low
Let us know if you try these crockpot chicken and dumplings and if your family loves them as much as mine!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you enjoyed these crockpot chicken and dumplings, you might love these recipes too!
- Crockpot Meat Loaf
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Ham & Cheese Melt Sandwiches
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.