Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Okie dokie folks, do you have a bread machine in your cupboards gathering up dust?
You need to go get it out right now.
(I promise, you'll thank me later.) 🙂
Last week while running errands I was near our local Great Harvest Bread Company (goodness, I love that store!), and everything in me wanted to go sample some of their yummy bread and grab a loaf to bring home. But at $6 a loaf (craziness!), I knew there was no way I could manage that and stick to our no spend grocery challenge.
Sticking to a tighter budget makes me a little more creative, and it dawned on me that I could surely make a similar bread at home. I hunted down this recipe, dumped everything in my bread machine, and goodness, my family devoured that bread.
In fact, my husband (by far my biggest critic) told me it was better than the bread at Great Harvest.
The best part? I saved $12 by making 2 loaves myself, and a huge amount of drive time getting there and back. Plus, my family has one more reason to think I'm a rockstar.
Um . . . so far I've found cooking and baking are the only things that make me awesome around this place, so I'll keep at it. 😉
Here's the recipe for you to try out too ~ if you're in the market for a bread machine this one is similar to the one my mom bought me 15 years ago ~ it's definitely paid for itself a time or two! I'm betting you could make the same recipe without a bread machine ~ if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it as a regular bread dough leave a comment to share.
Best Ever Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups bread flour (I used regular flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Combine first seven ingredients in bread machine according to order manufacturer recommends. (I just dumped mine in – flour first – it worked fine.)
- Set bread machine on dough cycle.
- Once dough is completed, transfer to floured surface and punch dough down. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two rectangles that are 9″x14″.
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter on top of rectangle, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into loaf starting with short ends and pinch seams closed.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and place loaves in pans.
- Cover and let rise another 3o minutes until doubled in size. (I actually skipped this step, but my dough was left in the bread machine for an extra hour so it had risen mostly while in the machine.)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and cool slightly before enjoying. Yum!
Looking for more bread recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- (Lightened Up) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Bread Machine Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
- Bread Machine Homemade White or Wheat Bread
- Almost Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.