FREE WORK PLANNER
This Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread is the best you will ever make, and so easy to make at home. Give it a try – you'll love it!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread Recipe – So GOOD!
Okie dokie folks, do you have a bread machine in your cupboards gathering up dust?
You need to go get it out right now.
(I promise, you'll thank me later.) 🙂
Several years ago, I was near our local Great Harvest Bread Company (goodness, I love that store!), and everything in me wanted to go sample some of their yummy bread and grab a loaf to bring home.
But at $6 a loaf (craziness!), I knew there was no way I could manage that and stick to our no spend grocery challenge that we were doing at the time.
Sticking to a tighter budget makes me a little more creative, and it dawned on me that I could surely make a similar bread at home. I hunted down this recipe, dumped everything in my bread machine, and goodness, my family devoured that bread.
In fact, my husband (by far my biggest critic) told me it was better than the bread at Great Harvest.
The best part? I saved $12 by making 2 loaves myself, and a huge amount of drive time getting there and back. Plus, my family has one more reason to think I'm a rockstar.
Um . . . so far I've found cooking and baking are the only things that make me awesome around this place, so I'll keep at it. 😉
Here's the recipe for you to try out too ~ if you're in the market for a bread machine this one is similar to the one my mom bought me 15 years ago ~ it's definitely paid for itself a time or two!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Bread
- bread flour (you can totally use all purpose flour if that's all you have!)
- active dry yeast
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
How to make Cinnamon Bread in a Bread Machine:
- Combine your milk, eggs, butter, flour, sugar, salt, and active dry yeast in the bread machine according to the order that the manufacturer recommends. Set the bread machine to the dough cycle, and run the cycle through.
- Once the dough is complete, transfer to a floured surface, punch the dough down, then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into two rectangles that are 9″ x 14″.
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar, then spread softened butter on top of the rectangle and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll dough into loaf starting with short ends and pinch seams closed. Grease 2 loaf pans and place loaves in pan.
- Cover and let rise another 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, sprinkle with confectioners sugar, and cool slightly before enjoying.
I'm betting you could make the same recipe without a bread machine ~ if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it as a regular bread dough leave a comment to share.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups bread flour You can use regular as well
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Combine first seven ingredients in bread machine according to order manufacturer recommends. (I just dumped mine in - flour first - it worked fine.)
- Set bread machine on dough cycle.
- Once dough is completed, transfer to floured surface and punch dough down. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two rectangles that are 9"x14".
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter on top of rectangle, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into loaf starting with short ends and pinch seams closed.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and place loaves in pans.
- Cover and let rise another 3o minutes until doubled in size. (I actually skipped this step, but my dough was left in the bread machine for an extra hour so it had risen mostly while in the machine.)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and cool slightly before enjoying. Yum!
You can also make homemade sandwich bread in the bread machine – it's one of my families favorites!
Looking for more recipes like this Bread Machine Cinnamon Bread? Here are a few of my favorites: