Pantry Cooking Challenge
It's More Money March Days 7 & 8, and I absolutely love, love, love our topic this week!
This week we're all about doing a Pantry Cooking Challenge and I promise that if you will commit with me today to really do what I'm about to tell you, you will totally change how finances look in your home this week.
Right now (I'm not even kidding, right. now.), I want you to do exactly what I'm about to tell you to do . . .
(are you ready? And do you trust me? I promise, this one's safe.) 🙂
1 – Stand up.
2 – Walk to your kitchen.
3 – Get a piece of paper.
4 – And a pen. (If you're joining me for the More Money Challenge, just open to page 17 and you'll be all set.)
5 – Open your refrigerator, then your freezer, then you pantry.
6 – Write down every single meal possibility you could make using only what you have on hand.
7 – Make your menu plan for the week using what you have on hand already, and decide what is the absolute least amount of money you can spend at the grocery store this week.
Because . . . guess what I found in my freezer today (that I'm hoping you'll find too??)
Here's what I came up with at our house (it helps that we do freezer meals!):
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti x 2
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup (freezer meal)
- Breakfast for dinner
- Salmon & mashed potatoes
- Salmon & rice
- Chicken Parmesan, salad, bread
- PB & Banana French Toast
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Nachos (freezer meal)
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos (freezer meal)
- Harvest Apple Pot Roast X 2 (freezer meal)
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Homemade pizza
- Grilled chicken wraps
- Ham & Swiss Sliders
- Chicken nuggets and veggies
- Chicken philly cheesesteaks
- Chicken & dressing
TOTAL = 20 meals + leftovers . . . success!
And here are the snacks that I can make using what we have on hand too:
- pumpkin bread
- chocolate chip cookies
- homemade oatmeal raisin cookies
- homemade bread
- blueberry muffins (box mix)
Since I grocery shopped this weekend (Jackson is home from college this week and we had family in town too this weekend, so I had to stock up!), I already have fresh produce on hand I spent $101 Saturday at the store (and added it to my Monthly Spending Spreadsheet on page 7 of my More Money in March Worksheets). I also added it into the Grocery Budgeting Worksheet on page 17 ~ so far I've spent $121 in March on groceries (not too bad for a family of five, especially since we had family in town visiting too!)
Here's what we're having this week:
- Monday – Chicken Parmesan, Salad, almost Homemade Garlic Bread using frozen bread dough
- Tuesday – Warm Ham & Swiss Sandwiches
- Wednesday – grilled salmon, mashed potatoes, veggies
- Thursday – homemade pizzas
- Friday – leftover buffet
And here's what I still need to swing by the store for:
- milk ($2)
- eggs ($1)
- butter ($3)
- TOTAL = $6
I'm challenging myself to spend less than $10 this week on groceries, and totally think I can make it (it helps so much to use up what's in your freezer!)
Would you like to join the Pantry Cooking Challenge with me? I'd sure love it if you did (I know this will save you a bundle this week!)
To join in, simply make a list of what you already have on hand and determine this week to spend as little as you possibly can at the grocery store. My bet is you will drastically cut your budget simply by using up what you already have on hand, and I know you can do this!
Also, don't forget that next MONDAY, March 18th at 8:30 PM Eastern Time we'll be doing our LIVE Bonus Coupon Class for anyone who's joining us for the More Money in March Challenge, and I'd sure love to see you there!
Here's all the details of the More Money in March Challenge if you're interested in signing up:
- The challenge began Sunday, March 3, 2019, but you can join at any point and catch up
- During the entire month of March, you'll have a few specific money saving tasks to complete each day
- On Tuesday, March 18th at 8:30 PM Eastern Time we'll host a Money Saving March coupon class including everything you need to coupon (+ oodles of tips on how to use coupons at Amazon too!) To be invited to the class you need to order the More Money Challenge worksheets so we can send the invite to your inbox
- Each weekday my friend Shannon or I will share a Facebook Live video at 9:00 AM Eastern Time with budget friendly tips and encouragement for the day to help you stay on track
- Save 25% TODAY making it only $14.95 for the PDF including 70 pages of budget downloads (or order the printed book over HERE on Amazon.) That comes out to $3.73 per week and I promise is worth it (especially since it includes the coupon class!) If that's too much for your budget right now I completely understand ~ you can keep up with a lot of the challenge simply by following along each day here on Passionate Penny Pincher, as well as on our daily Facebook Live videos and Instagram posts too.
- BONUS PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: anyone who joins in the challenge this month will also be included in our private Facebook Group ~ you will love the encouragement and motivation in this group!
Go HERE to get the complete March More Money Challenge Worksheets and join in the challenge. And, I'd sure love if you'd leave a comment to share how it's going for you ~ I'm cheering for you!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.