Take a look at this delicious Cheesy Baked Spaghetti recipe. It's simple and great to prepare ahead of time. Find out how to make this now!
I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this cheesy baked spaghetti was for dinner tonight!
Here's just a hint: I don't much like spaghetti (at all, really. . . ), but I'm pretty sure I could eat the entire. pan. all. by. my. self. My hubby even proclaimed it “good-enough-to-take-to-a-pot-luck”. (Which apparently means really, really, good at our house.)
Now, if you're on a diet, do yourself a favor and don't even think about making this recipe. (I know – I hate that too, but no matter how solid your will power is you won't be able to stop at one serving ~ you just won't!)
🍴TIP: You can find this recipe in week four of our Freezer Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
If you're making supper for a new mom or someone who's been a bit under the weather, this is just the perfect make-and-take recipe. You can even make it ahead of time (minus the French's onions), pop it in the freezer, and then bake when you're ready to eat. So, try it out and let me know what you think!
Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
- 8 oz Spaghetti Uncooked
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 26.5 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Green Peppers Chopped, Optional
- 1/3 Cup Onions Chopped
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese Fresh
- French's Fried Onions Small Can
- Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on the package. Cook to al dente, drain, and set aside.
- Brown Ground Beef, and drain grease. Pour spaghetti sauce into ground beef and heat.
- While spaghetti & ground beef are cooking, combine onions, peppers, and butter in microwave safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for four minutes. NOTE: Times may vary - start with 1 or 2 minutes and adjust timing until onions are translucent
- Add cream cheese and milk to microwaved onions & pepper mixture and stir (You may need to warm the cream cheese up a few seconds in the microwave to make it easier to mix together)
- In a 10 x 6 oval Pyrex dish (or similar size), put a thin layer of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish
- Add the spaghetti noodles then add the cream cheese mixture, and then spaghetti sauce
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese (or mozzarella if you prefer) over the top of the casserole
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Add Fried Onions and bake and additional five minutes
- Garnish with Grated Parmesan
Make this a complete meal with a salad and some garlic bread – YUM!
Find more easy to make recipes for your family!