This crock pot ribs recipe is one you'll turn to again and again – just 30 minutes in the oven make all the difference for tender barbecue ribs!
Barbecue Crock Pot Ribs Recipe
Ready for another slow cooker recipe? If you'd like ribs but don't want to fire up the grill, this crock pot ribs recipe is a simple way to make them inside. So good, and you only need five ingredients . . . love that!
I think I've finally figured out ribs in the slow cooker (WOOHOO!) After reading through a few suggestions on how to cook ribs in the crockpot, I made these today and they were perfect.
What more could a girl ask for? 🙂
Here's the trick: do NOT just put the ribs in the slow cooker.
(I know, I know . . . that takes a little of the fun out of slow cooking, but I promise spending a few minutes to prepare those ribs in the morning will reward you with some fall-apart-heavenly ribs!)
Allow just thirty minutes in the morning to pre-bake them in the oven, and then let your slow cooker to the rest of the cooking for you. These were so good that my family declared them better than Logan's Roadhouse, and liked them as much as our favorite rib recipe for the grill.
Yup, I was a rockstar at our house this week.
Here's the Crock Pot Ribs recipe if you'd like to be a rockstar today too. 🙂
Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs Recipe
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Garlic Salt To Taste
- 1 Bottle Barbecue Sauce Any you like - we use Sweet Baby Ray's
- 3 - 4 lbs
Pork Long Country Style Ribs, or Pork Sirloin Chops
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Bake at 350 in oven for 15 minutes, then turn ribs over and bake another 15 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker (you may need to cut them to fit into Mrs. Potts!) 🙂
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over top of the ribs.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve along with extra barbecue sauce (optional).
If sauce is too thin when cooking time is done, drain sauce from ribs, and pour into a sauce pan. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch with a small amount of cold water, stir into sauce, and bring sauce to boil. Cook until sauce has reached desired thickness.
If you don't have any barbecue sauce at the house – this homemade bbq sauce recipe has tons of rave reviews and is worth a shot!
For another twist on crock pot ribs – try out this recipe for Korean BBQ Ribs in the Slow Cooker – it's super yummy and the meat just fell right off the bone!
Looking for more slow cooker recipes to add to your menu plan this week? Here you go . . .
- Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Cream Italian Beef Sliders
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.