Welcome Fall with this scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe – it can be easily made into muffins as well!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
I'm so excited about this new recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread that I tried out this week!
While I love my usual pumpkin quick-bread recipe (it's so good), I love that this one is a little more on the healthy side. It calls for only whole wheat flour, substitutes the oil for applesauce, and tastes oh-so-good.
Most of the recipes that I bake with whole wheat flour call for half whole wheat and half regular white flour, so I wasn't quite sure how this one would do. It definitely is a little more dense than our regular recipe, but it is nice and moist and still tastes delicious. It has just 155 calories per serving and 2.9 grams of fat per serving (assuming 12 servings per loaf), which is half the calories of my regular recipe. (That one has about 319 calories per serving and 12.6 grams of fat.)
I'm pretty sure I won't make my old recipe again after tasting how yummy this one was!
Here's what you'll need to get started . . .
Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling (I think I may try substituting it with canned pumpkin next time to cut down on some of the sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 and grease 9×5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin pie filling, applesauce, sugar, egg, egg whites and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined, then add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for45-50 minutes.
I think these Wilton Mini loaf pans are pretty adorable for gifting this bread to others too!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.