You're going to love this. 🙂
You know how we're working really hard to eat healthier this year? Well, we stumbled upon this recipe and have added it to our rotation because EVERYONE loves it (and you know that doesn't happen . . . like EVER!)
🍴 MENU TIP: This delicious recipe is from Week 2 of our Freezer Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
Here's how to get started:
First, mix all the sauces in a bowl and set that aside for later.
Next pop those mushrooms into a food processor. (I use this one.) Now . . . my kids are not really mushroom fans at all but these chop up so small that they won't even know they're in there. And, adding in the mushrooms will REALLY help you stretch that budget leaving lots of leftovers.
Do the same with the bell pepper and cucumbers. Oodles of veggies in one meal and the kids have no idea. Success!
Put all the veggies in a bowl to add in later.
Now, heat up sesame oil in a skillet until hot, and add the grated ginger until fragrant (yum!)
Next add the turkey (or pork, or chicken) until brown and then add all the vegetables until combined. Once you have that all mixed in add the sauce and let simmer for about 2 mins.
Load up those lettuce leaves, top with sriracha and/or hoisin and enjoy . . . you're welcome! 🙂
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey (or pork or chicken)
- 1 small container of white mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and seeded (diced)
- 12 leaves of butter lettuce (or bibb lettuce)
- In a small bowl mix the hoisin, sriracha and soy sauces – set aside.
- Using a food processor chop the mushrooms, bell pepper, and cucumber – put in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the sesame oil in a skillet until hot, add grated ginger until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey (or pork/chicken) and cook until brown.
- Add the vegetables to the turkey in the skillet until combined (about 1 to 2 mins), then add in the sauce until it's all good and mixed in.
- Put turkey mixture in a bowl and serve in butter lettuce leaves, top with sriracha or hoisin and enjoy!
If you're interested in more easy and delicious meals, check out our Freezer Menu Made Easy Set!
Looking for more dinner recipes?
- PF Changs Copykat Recipe: Mongolian Beef
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Greek Chicken Pasta
- Bruschetta Chicken