As much as I love my slow cooker in the winter time (I love it in the summer time too. . .) there's not much better than easy summer grilling nights this time of year.
On busy days, I pull out some meat in the morning, add some marinade (check out my favorite chicken marinade), let it sit in the fridge all day, and hand it to my hubby to throw on the grill at dinnertime. It's easy, usually pretty healthy, and as long as I stick to basic ingredients and use meat that I've purchased on sale, it's a great way to pinch a few pennies.
So, as soon as we got home this weekend from a baseball tournament (yes, we came home Thursday from traveling for two weeks and headed out Friday to watch baseball all weekend), I thawed out some pork chops and made this simple yummy grilled pork chop marinade. Five ingredients, less than $5 in meat, and no more than 10 minutes of prep time: even after traveling I can handle that. 😉 Here's how to get started at your home too . . .
Five Ingredient Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 pork chops ours were sliced very thinly but you could use whatever thickness you choose, just change the cooking time accordingly)
- Mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Poke holes in pork chops with fork and put in plastic bag or shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over pork chops and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Set grill to high heat and grill 5-8 minutes per side, until cooked through.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.