FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
Skip take-out and make these PF Chang Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps at home. Full of flavor and lower in carbs too!
Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps – SO Delicious and Lower in Carbs!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite things to order when going out for Asian fare.
However, even though they sound healthy they may not always be the best choice on the menu. Making these asian lettuce wraps at home is a great option because you control the ingredients – not to mention it will save you money and they're absolutely delicious!
If you're a fan of PF Chang's lettuce wraps you're sure to love these. We've lightened them up a bit and they are lower in carbs too! ❤️
🍴 Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in Week 1 of the Low Calorie Menu Plan!
How to make copycat chicken lettuce wraps:
So simple you'll be asking yourself why you haven't tried these before! Here's what you'll need to grab from the store.
- ground chicken (or you could use lean ground turkey)
- yellow onion
- low-sodium soy sauce
- hoisin sauce
- fresh ginger
- rice wine or red wine vinegar
- Asian sweet chili sauce
- sliced water chestnuts
- green onions
- sesame oil
- Bibb lettuce (or any lettuce that can create a lettuce leaf)
Start by cooking the ground chicken and onion together in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Then add all those great Asian flavors: garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and Asian chili sauce – similar to a stir fry but with a bit more flavor!
Chop up the water chestnuts and green onions and throw those in the skillet. Drizzle in the sesame oil (don't leave this out since it's an important flavor).
Finally, spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves.
Sooooo yummy! This is perfect for lunch or dinner. I'm sure it will become a quick family favorite!
What to serve with lettuce wraps:
Grab a package of frozen egg rolls or dumplings to serve with this chicken lettuce wrap recipe. Don't forget a box of fortune cookies to make for a fun Asian theme!
What kind of lettuce do you use for these wraps?
My favorite lettuce to use for a lettuce wrap recipe is Bibb lettuce. But, Romaine and iceberg lettuce would work great too. 🙂
If you don't like these in a wrap, you could even put the lettuce in a small bowl with the meat mixture over top and serve as a salad – so versatile!
Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsps ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Asian sweet chili sauce
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 head bibb lettuce, separated
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion together over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat and cook until it is no longer pink; drain.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce. Cook 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts and green onion to meat mixture. Cook until green onion begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
- Spoon meat mixture into lettuce leaves to serve.
Looking for more yummy meals?
This recipe is from week one of our low calorie menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Find more family friendly recipes to make today!
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.