Enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate from the Coupon Clutch!
We enjoyed these for dinner tonight and they were so simple to put together, and took just about twenty-five minutes to make from start to finish. Since I'm not a big fan normally of meatballs, my husband was thrilled to get these on a busy weeknight, and we're saving the extra meatballs to serve over spaghetti noodles tomorrow night for dinner #2 this week 🙂 (Love when I can use one meal to make two nights worth of dinner!)
Homemade Meatball Sub Sandwiches
- 1 lb. ground beef Ground Chuck, $3.29/lb at Publix
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Hoagie rolls Use Publix French Bread on sale for $1.89, cut into sub sandwiches
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch salt (to taste)
- 14 oz. jar spaghetti sauce Bertolli Pasta Sauce BOGO $2.79 at Publix
- 4 slices provolone cheese $1 off Kraft Singles AND Publix Bread printable
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix together first seven ingredients in medium bowl. Roll into twelve meatballs and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (closer to twenty), or until completely cooked.
- While meatballs are cooking, brush insides of hoagie rolls with olive oil, and season with garlic powder & salt.
- Pop the hoagie rolls in the oven for last five minutes of meatball's cooking time, or until lightly toasted.
- While the bread is toasting, heat th espaghetti sauce over medium heat. Add meatballs to spaghetti sauce when theyre cooked (gently moving them out of the baking dish with a slotted spoon).
- Add meatballs & sauce to hoagie rolls, and top with provolone. Bake in oven an additional two minutes, or until provolone is melted. Serve warm & enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Also thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and visit $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.