These ooey-gooey Open Faced Sirloin Steak Sandwiches are a great way to feed a crowd! Easy-peasy too!
You won't believe how simple these sirloin steak sandwiches are to prepare! Plus they cook all day in Mrs. Potts (aka your slow cooker)! 🙂
How to make Hot Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches.
4. Toast bread and place on a baking sheet; layer shredded beef and cheese on top of toasted bread. Broil in oven 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
You can use a store bought Italian loaf bread here but consider making my homemade bread for these sandwiches. It's soooo yummy and worth the extra few minutes. 🙂
What is the best cut of beef to use in this recipe?
A sirloin tip roast is perfect, but if you can't find one a shoulder roast or even a chuck roast will work as well.
What toppings are good on a hot sirloin sandwich?
Melted gooey Provolone cheese is my favorite on these open faced sirloin steak sandwiches! If you're feeling adventurous, sauté some onions until they are caramelized and add those to your sandwich ~ this is just divine. Mustard and mayo (either one) are great, as well as pickles if those are your thing.
What sides go well with roast beef sandwiches?
I'm always a fan of a good side salad but a few other ideas are:
A wonderful recipe for the beginner or the most experienced cook. You'll for sure want to add these sirloin steak sandwiches to your menu rotation. 🙂
Open Faced Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- slow cooker
- 2-3 lb beef sirloin tip roast
- ½ cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- homemade bread or store bought Italian loaf, sliced thick
- provolone or Monterey Jack cheese slices
- Mix together teriyaki or soy sauce, beef broth, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place roast in a large zip-top bag, pour marinade over and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, place roast and marinade in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker and shred; return to cooking liquids.
- Toast bread and place on a baking sheet; layer shredded beef and cheese on top of toasted bread.
- Broil in oven 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week four of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.