Crockpot Baked Potatoes Recipe
One of my favorite penny-pinched meals is a baked potato. You can fill up your family for less than $1 per person – and get creative with all sorts of leftovers to serve as toppings!
And if slow cooker recipes just make you happy – did you know can actually use your SLOW COOKER instead of your oven to bake them? No need to heat up the kitchen, just pop them in and come home to supper. 🙂
How to Make Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Here's an easy recipe for Crockpot Baked Potatoes that needs no foil, and comes out perfect every time 🙂
- Scrub 4-6 large baking potatoes well and pat them dry
- Make a couple fork stabs into the center of each potato to allow for even cooking and steam release
- Rub with olive oil
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper all over each potato
- Place in a slow cooker on High for 2 1/2 – 4 hours, or Low for 6-8.
Cooking time above assumes you're using big baking potatoes, but if you're using smaller potatoes just adjust accordingly. (They'll cook more quickly!)
Baked Potato Bar Toppings
I love to serve slow cooker baked potatoes with a buffet of topping choices. Depending on what your family likes and what leftovers you have in the fridge, here are some suggestions:
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Crumbles
- Sour Cream
- Barbecue pork or chicken (See my recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes!)
- Grilled Chicken or Steak
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Black Olives
- Leftover burgers, crumbled (invent the Cheeseburger Stuffed Potato!)
- Cajun Seasoning (or any other seasonings)
- Any leftovers you think will pair well!
I love putting this together for when I have to be running errands in the afternoon. That way when I get home from running around there's a hot easy supper just waiting in the crock pot!
You might also like these dinner ideas!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.