I have a problem. Every single time that I see a shoulder roast at anything near a decent price, I just have to make these Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches! I know I should be way more creative, spend hours visiting Pinterest looking for something else to cook with that bargain beef, and then spend hours cooking it up for you, but it's just not gonna happen this week. (It's Halloween for goodness sake!) But since this beef tastes perfect as you taste-test it right out of Mrs. Potts, even better as you enjoy it on a sandwich at dinner time, and is best for leftovers the next day, I figure you'll humor me this one more time. Seriously, what other recipe does that for you?
Because we were also having baked potatoes for dinner, my hubby decided to try the beef out on his potato which was also fanstastic, and I'm thinking the meat would taste oh-so-good even on a tortilla drizzled with some mozzarella cheese. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmm!
If you haven't made this one yet, try it out for me . . . I'd love to hear what you think! And, if you're worried about it being a little too spicy, you can drastically reduce the spiciness by carefully removing the peppers after cooking without letting them open, and using a turkey baster to remove about half of the juices while it simmers in the Au Jus mix. I promise. . . you'll be glad you made this one!
Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sliders
- 2-3 lb. Beef Shoulder Roast On Sale $3.99 at Publix
- 1 jar Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1 Package AuJus Seasoning Mix Use Publix brand, about $.49 each
- Hoagie Rolls
- Trim fat from roast. Place roast in crock pot, cover with pepperoncini peppers (in liquid).
- Cook 7-8 hours on low. Remove peppers (I usually save the jar in the morning and put the peppers back in it to throw them away in).
- Shred beef and mix in AuJus Seasoning. If you want it to make it a little less spicy, drain about half the liquid using a turkey baster.
- Cook another 30 minutes on low in crock pot. Serve on hoagie rolls.
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.