We made this treat over last summer . . . and oh my heavens if you've been looking for a yummy icebox treat I definitely recommend this one! Since Breyer's is Buy One Get One Free at Publix and you can pick up Edy's or Turkey Hill Ice Cream for as low as $1.49 at Kroger, you don't have any excuse not to try it out. (Well, except maybe a growing waistline . . . )
Momma's Mudslide Dessert (adapted from All Recipes)
- 1 (16 ounce) Oreos
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush all the Oreos and mix with melted margarine in large bowl. Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and freeze.
- Slice ice cream into slivers, and spread over top of the cold Oreo crust.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered us
- Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set.
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup margarine and vanilla in saucepan on stove. Bring ingredients to boil over medium heat and boil for seven minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and cool completely (I cooled mine in a separate bowl over ice to help it cool more quickly!)
- Pour chocolate sauce over ice cream and freeze until set. I promise you'll love this one!
Here are a few sales and coupons you’ll want to watch for this week:
- $0.50/2 Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk printable
- $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable
- $1 off Oreos Cookies & 1 gallon milk
- $1/2 Edy's Branded Products printable or $1/1 Turkey Hill Item, exp. 8/15/13 (RP 05/12/13 R)
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.