This Mudslide Dessert Recipe is just not just for Summer. It's an easy, delicious treat, and really is great any time of year!
Mudslide Dessert – SO Delicious!
We made this treat a few weeks ago as we were going through our Summer meals . . . and oh my heavens! If you've been looking for a yummy icebox treat I definitely recommend this Mudslide Dessert recipe!
This mudslide cake is pretty easy to make and is absolutely divine – the chocolate sauce smells amazing when you're cooking it up too 🙂 This is great for Summer, since it's so cool and refreshing, but really could be used any time of the year.
Mudslide Dessert Ingredients:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Butter or Margarine
- Powdered Sugar
- Evaporated Milk
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
This is a no bake icebox recipe, so absolutely perfect to make in Summer! It's easy to make though and definitely kid approved, so you can really make it ANY time of the year to enjoy.
You'll want to start by crushing your Oreos (you could do this in a food processor or just in a sandwich baggie) and then mixing in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of butter. This is what is going to make the crust layer.
Once well combined, press that mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and then freeze. (Be sure to spray the dish with cooking spray on the bottom and up the sides – this will help later when you cut the dish!)
While that's freezing, grab your ice cream, and you'll get ready to make the middle layer.
Grab the crust back out of the freezer, and then get ready for the fun!
One of the keys tips for this mudslide dessert is to slice the ice cream and then once it starts to soften, you can spread it out. This is also a part that the kids would love to help with (and there's usually some left over ice cream too!).
After the ice cream is spread out, pop the baking dish back in the freezer to set while you work on your chocolate fudge sauce topping.
Combine the powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, butter, and vanilla in a sauce pan on the stove. Bring the ingredients to a boil for about 7 minutes – stirring constantly. You definitely don't want this mixture to burn!
Remove the chocolate from heat and allow to cool completely. Once it is cooled, pour the chocolate sauce over the crust and ice cream, and then place it back into the freezer to freeze until set.
You could serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee or just on it's own. It's delicious either way!
- 1 16 oz Oreos Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine Melted
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Crush all Oreos and Mix with melted butter or margarine in large bowl
- Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and freeze
- Slice ice cream into slivers and spread over the top of the cold Oreo crust
- Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup Margarine or butter, and vanilla in sauce pan on stove
- Bring ingredients to a boil over medium heat and boil 7 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and cool completely (You can cool in a separate bowl over ice to help cool more quickly if you'd like!)
- Pour chocolate sauce over ice cream and freeze until set - then enjoy!
And, here are a few more recipe ideas to help keep your cool in the kitchen this week. . .
If you're looking for more delicious meals like this, try our Summer Menu Planning Made Easy Set! There are 72 recipes (60 dinners and 12 desserts) and it comes with a weekly grocery list too. It makes meal planning SO easy to do!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.