This Mudslide Recipe for Dessert is just not just an easy summer treat, but it's delicious, and is really great any time of year!
Mudslide Recipe for Dessert – SO Delicious!
We made this treat a few weeks ago as we were going through our Summer meals . . . and oh my heavens! If you've been looking for a yummy icebox treat I definitely recommend this Mudslide Recipe for dessert!
This dessert mudslide is pretty easy to make and is absolutely divine – the chocolate sauce smells amazing when you're cooking it up too 🙂 This is great for Summer, but really could be used any time of the year!
One of the keys for this mudslide recipe is to slice the ice cream and then once it starts to soften, you can spread it out. This is also a part that the kids would love to help with (and there's usually some left over ice cream too!).
Here's the full recipe:
Mudslide Dessert Recipe
- 1 16 oz Oreos Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine Melted
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Crush all Oreos and Mix with melted butter or margarine in large bowl
- Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and freeze
- Slice ice cream into slivers and spread over the top of the cold Oreo crust
- Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup Margarine or butter, and vanilla in sauce pan on stove
- Bring ingredients to a boil over medium heat and boil 7 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and cool completely (You can cool in a separate bowl over ice to help cool more quickly if you'd like!)
- Pour chocolate sauce over ice cream and freeze until set - then enjoy!
And, here are a few more recipe ideas to help keep your cool in the kitchen this week. . .
If you need even more menu inspiration, go HERE to see all of our recipes!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.