You'd think that now that we're finally into the summer season I'd finally give my slow cooker a break, but it's just so simple to let my crock pot do the cooking for me! Earlier this week I thawed out my free Earthfare whole chicken, and tried my friend Nancy's recipe from Real Food Allergy Free. While I've cooked my whole chicken in water for years, we loved this recipe so much more! And since we were on the way to the ball field, I just shredded the chicken and made super-quick barbecue sandwiches to take with us as we ran out the door. . .
If you'd like to bake your chicken in the oven, check out this recipe for Roast Sticky Rotisserie Chicken. (That one takes a little more TLC, but oh my goodness it's so good!) You can also find more ideas for recipes using your leftover chicken over HERE (although I'm betting there won't be many leftovers left!)
Rotisserie Chicken In The Crockpot
- 1 whole chicken On sale $.99/lb. at Kroger, also regularly priced at Sam's Club for $.87/lb.
- 4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-2 Onions, chopped (optional)
- 6-8 Yellow Potatoes (optional)
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- If necessary, remove giblets from inside of chicken. Rinse inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Massage chicken with spice mixture.
- lace onions and potatoes in the bottom of the CrockPot and lay the chicken on top. You can also put some onions inside the chicken as well.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.