Sign up for Passionate Penny Pincher emails for a chance to win a $5o Gift Certificate, and find more simple slow cooker recipes HERE.
Publix (and just about everywhere . . . ) has a great price this week on ham, so here's a simple recipe for a frugal meal on a busy night! You could also try out this simple Brown Sugar Ham, which requires just two ingredients and is also delicious.
Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Ham
- 2 tablespoons mustard $0.30/1 French's Mustard printable
- 2/3 cups brown sugar free at Earthfare, or use $0.50/2 Domino Brown or Confectioners Sugar, exp. 12/31/11 (RP 10/16/11 R) or $0.75/2 Domino Sugar Product, exp. 1/31/12 (RP 12/04/11)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 5-6 pound semi-boneless half Publix Premium Semi-Boneless Ham Half, 1.59/lb
1. Put 1 cup brown sugar in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place ham flat side down on top of brown sugar.
3. Mix together 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons mustard in small bowl.
4. Drizzle maple syrup mixture over ham and brush to cover the ham.
5. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
6. Serve with juices from the ham . . . yummmmmm!
- Serve with . . .
- $0.50/2, $0.75/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Frozen Vegetables, exp. 1/7/12 (GM 11/13/11)
- Mashed Potatoes Idaho Potatoes, 0.79/lb, try out these yummy Slow Cooked Mashed Potatoes or our Aunt Geri's Gourmet Potatoes
Interact with 11596+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.