Sign up for Passionate Penny Pincher emails for a chance to win a $5o Gift Certificate, and find more simple slow cooker recipes HERE.
Publix (and just about everywhere . . . ) has a great price this week on ham, so here's a simple recipe for a frugal meal on a busy night! You could also try out this simple Brown Sugar Ham, which requires just two ingredients and is also delicious.
Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Ham
- 2 tablespoons mustard $0.30/1 French's Mustard printable
- 2/3 cups brown sugar free at Earthfare, or use $0.50/2 Domino Brown or Confectioners Sugar, exp. 12/31/11 (RP 10/16/11 R) or $0.75/2 Domino Sugar Product, exp. 1/31/12 (RP 12/04/11)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 5-6 pound semi-boneless half Publix Premium Semi-Boneless Ham Half, 1.59/lb
1. Put 1 cup brown sugar in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place ham flat side down on top of brown sugar.
3. Mix together 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons mustard in small bowl.
4. Drizzle maple syrup mixture over ham and brush to cover the ham.
5. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
6. Serve with juices from the ham . . . yummmmmm!
- Serve with . . .
- $0.50/2, $0.75/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Frozen Vegetables, exp. 1/7/12 (GM 11/13/11)
- Mashed Potatoes Idaho Potatoes, 0.79/lb, try out these yummy Slow Cooked Mashed Potatoes or our Aunt Geri's Gourmet Potatoes
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery!
Interact with 11596+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply