FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Walmart Plus Membership is challenging Amazon Prime with their subscription service – find out the details and a grab a free trial!
Walmart Plus Membership – FREE Trial!
Now is a great time to try Walmart Plus! This membership offers similar benefits to Amazon Prime … but with SAME DAY DELIVERY from your local Walmart store. And they're now offering a FREE 30-Day Trial (and TONS of awesome perks, too)!
Walmart Plus members can get unlimited free delivery of their groceries from their local store (this includes FRESH groceries – NOT just packaged items items!). You'll also save 10¢/Gallon at the pump, get FREE Paramount+, and get normal Walmart.com orders shipped for Free (no minimum).
I recently started using Walmart Plus myself and I am loving it. It's $98 per year, which comes out to around $8 a month. If you get groceries delivered even once per month it's totally worth the price!
- Walmart +: $98 per year (= $8.17 per month) OR $12.95 monthly
If you don't have Walmart+, you'll pay between $7.95 and $9.95 per delivery fee, which can add up pretty quickly if you regularly use delivery services. So having Walmart+ has been SUPER worth it for me as it saves me time and forces me to plan ahead, and I think you'll love it too!
Here are 5 quick tips on using Walmart Plus Membership for delivery:
- Delivery times can fill up pretty quickly depending on where you live. I'm usually able to get same day delivery, but if you place your order in the evening it'll likely be next day.
- Just like when you shop at the grocery store, groceries are more readily available in the mornings. If you can, schedule your delivery time for the morning to make sure you get the best pick of produce and meat available.
- Tip your driver. 🙂
- Using Walmart + can be cheaper than Instacart because Walmart has less expensive store brands than most other stores. If I use Instacart (with Kroger or Publix for example), the store brands often are the same cost or even more sometimes than the name brands. But by using Walmart + and shopping Walmart's Great Value brands I'm saving a bundle (enough to justify the Walmart + cost!)
- Using a service like Walmart + can save you a ton of money if you're someone who's tempted to overspend when shopping in real life at the grocery store. On average since using Walmart + for the last month our groceries have cost under $100 per order for our family of 3 (with LOTS of leftovers and freezer meals to give to our college kids away from home!)
Walmart Rewards – A Brand NEW Perk!
AND, they just rolled out a brand new Walmart Rewards program for members! Walmart Rewards is a new and easy way for Walmart+ members to earn additional savings toward future Walmart purchases. You can earn rewards for purchases made online and in-stores.
Walmart Rewards are VERY similar to digital coupons if you're familiar with those at other grocery stores (think Kroger digital e coupons if you've used those before.) Basically you're shopping with traditional coupons, you just add them on when you shop!
To earn rewards, just tap “add reward” while shopping for eligible items on Walmart.com or scan using the barcode scanner in the mobile app. Then, you can choose to pay for future orders with your rewards!
You can redeem your Walmart Rewards balance at Walmart.com or in Walmart stores. You cannot use your rewards for gift cards, 3rd party gift cards, prescriptions, health care services, optical products, alcohol, tobacco, firearm/ammunition, lottery tickets, financial services, or Walmart+ membership fees.
Here are more perks of the new Walmart Rewards program –
Members can store their digital rewards in the Walmart wallet in the app and online and use them to save on future purchases in stores and online. These new item-specific rewards, powered by the Ibotta Performance Network, are available exclusively for Walmart+ members.
It's free and easy to use. No need to download a separate app or even sign up. No more fumbling with paper coupons. Members just sign into their Walmart+ account on Walmart.com or in the Walmart app, clip eligible rewards, purchase the items and watch the earnings rack up.
It works any way members choose to shop. Whether you do most of their shopping in-store or online, members can take advantage of digital offers to earn Walmart Rewards.
Members can redeem the balance at checkout. If shopping in-store, Walmart members can scan the Walmart Pay QR code and tap “Use Walmart Rewards” to deduct the balance from their bill. If shopping online, they can simply do this when they check out.
Have more questions? Check out their FAQs here.
Enjoy a FREE Paramount+ Subscription with your Walmart Plus membership, too!
PLUS, they recently added a new perk! Walmart+ members will enjoy a Paramount+ Essential subscription at NO extra cost (normally $4.99/month!).
That's right! Walmart+ members can now stream premium entertainment as a benefit of their membership. The Paramount+ Essential Plan will give Walmart+ members access to shows like 1883, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, PAW Patrol, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and even live sports!
And, they also recently added a gas savings perk – enjoy up to 10¢ off at Walmart & Murphy stations, Sam's Club fuel centers… and now Exxon & Mobil Gas Stations!
Walmart+ members will save 10¢ per gallon at participating Exxon and Mobil locations, as well as 10¢ per gallon at Walmart and Murphy’s stations. Member pricing is also available at more than 500 Sam’s Club locations. With the addition of 12,000 Exxon and Mobil stations across the country, a Walmart+ fuel discount is now available at more than 14,000 stations!
Walmart Plus Membership Free Trial
Want to try Walmart+?? Right now, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial period of Walmart+ so you can decide if it's worth the price tag (which is $21 less than an Amazon Prime Membership).
Walmart Membership Fee for Walmart+
A Walmart+ Membership costs $12.95/month or $98/Annually. The annual membership will save you over $57 if you decide to go that route.
Compared to Amazon Prime, it's a bit cheaper. Amazon Prime costs $12.99/month or $139 Annually. If you want to sign up for both to compare them, you can sign up for a Free Trial of Amazon Prime Here.
Of course Amazon Prime also comes with free Prime Video streaming service and a host of other perks…see why I love I've kept my Amazon Prime Membership for over 12 years now.
What are the Benefits of a Walmart Plus Membership?
- NEW Walmart Rewards program! Earn rewards for purchases on Walmart.com or in store!
- FREE Paramount+ Essential Subscription (normally $4.99/month!).
- FREE Unlimited In PERSON Delivery to your HOME – Get more than 160,000 items (Grocery, tech and toys, and household items included!) delivered to you as fast as same-day, depending on where you live. This does require a $35 order – but if you're grabbing weekly groceries, some household items, and pet items that is NOT hard to hit.
- FREE Shipping – NO order minimum! You'll get free next day or two day delivery on most items. (Originally, you had to have a $35 order for free shipping, but they dropped that a few months after the membership program was announced. No there is NO required amount to get free shipping). However, this free shipping service does exclude oversized, freight, and marketplace items.
- Fuel Discount – Get up to 10¢ savings per gallon at Walmart and Murphy Gas Stations as well as member pricing at Sam's Club gas stations. **NEW – and now you can even save 10¢ at Exxon & Mobil gas stations – LOVE THIS! ❤️
- Scan & Go App – Shop in stores using the scan-and-go app to scan items as you put them in your buggy, and pay using Walmart pay. No cashier needed and basically a touch free payment experience too!
- Prescription Discounts – Save up to 85% on prescriptions at over 4,000 Walmart locations.
- Early Access to Black Friday Deals – This was a new perk last year and I'm guessing they'll roll it out again this year. Members can shop the best Black Friday deals several hours before everyone else.
AND, if you're a paying Walmart+ member, you can enjoy FREE 6 months of Spotify Premium – just go here to claim your subscription. That's a $59 value, which is pretty awesome if you like listening to ad-free music. Note that you must have a PAID Walmart+ membership in order to get this freebie.
Perks of Spotify Premium:
- Unlimited skips – Not feeling it? Spotify Premium lets you skip straight to the music you love.
- Ad-free music listening – Spotify Premium means beats without breaks – play music anywhere AD-FREE!
- Large catalog – Spotify Premium is all the music and podcasts you could ever need, all in one place.
Go HERE to get Spotify Premium!
So… Which is better when you look at Walmart Plus vs Amazon Prime??
If you're looking to purchase a lot of items from Walmart.com that you use around your home – Walmart + could definitely be a benefit for you.
You can see that you can even get this $5 bag of Tide shipped for free all on it's own – and as quickly as next day delivery! That's so nice to not have to hit a certain amount in your cart (and nice for when you just need one or two items).
The one BIG benefit Walmart+ has over Amazon Prime is Walmart Grocery delivery…
If you like getting your groceries delivered, then Walmart may be the better subscription for you!
The Walmart Plus plan includes free grocery delivery – and that could be a really good reason to choose it over Amazon. (Amazon Fresh delivers groceries but it's only available regionally and the prices/selection of groceries aren't as reliable as Walmart.)
Is a Walmart Plus Membership the Same as Walmart Delivery Unlimited?
Walmart Delivery Unlimited existed for awhile – but after the new “launch” of Walmart+ (which was really just a name change with a couple new perks added in) the Walmart Delivery has ceased to exist. Existing Walmart Delivery Unlimited customers were transferred automatically to the new Walmart Plus Membership.
You can grab a FREE 30-Day Trial that will give you access to Walmart Delivery Unlimited, too. Just put in your information here and you'll get free 30 day access.
So…. what do you think? Which would you choose between Amazon Prime vs Walmart Plus? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!
More deals this week: