This Banana Split Cake is an easy banana cake recipe that would be great for serving at any occasion. Give it a try and see how you like it!
Easy Banana Split Cake
Oh my word.
You need to make this.
I've been trying out some fun recipes for our summer grilling series (you can snag our slow cooker series here if you're interested!), and good gravy. My friend Cheree hit it out of the park with this Banana Split Cake.
It's not one I would normally ever have tried (and honestly, I'm not a huge pineapple fan so I didn't think I would love it), but it was perfection on a platter.
Perfect for summer time.
Or winter time.
Or spring time.
you're welcome. 🙂
My daughter Reagan actually did all the work to put this cake together, and it's a perfect simple no-bake treat. If you have an event (or just need a happy dessert in your life today . . .), this one's just for you.
Banana Split Cake
- 1 Stick Butter Melted
- 1 1/4 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Can Use Lowfat Cream Cheese if Preferred
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Count Bananas Sliced
- 20 oz Canned Crushed Pineapple
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 4 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 11 oz Jar of Hot Fudge Sauce
- Sprinkles Optional
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1 stick melted butter, and sugar in small bowl
- Press graham cracker mixture into 9" x 13" glass dish and chill in freezer
- While that is chilling, beat cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup butter, and powdered sugar in medium bowl for a few minutes, until creamy (it will take 4 - 5 minutes to cream together well
- Spread cream cheese layer on top of cooled graham cracker crust
- Layer bananas on top of cream cheese layer, then add crushed pineapple evenly over bananas
- Next, gently cover pineapple and banana layer with Cool Whip
- Slowly drizzle slightly warmed hot fudge sauce over Cool Whip layer
- Garnish with nuts, cherries, and sprinkles
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving
One of the things I love most about this recipe is that younger children can put together as well with just a little bit of guidance.
I am thinking that next time we have the girls over for a slumber party this would be one they could have fun pulling together for themselves – and hey it has fruit in it so it's not totally unhealthy, right? 😉
If you give it a try, or make any modifications, be sure to let us know!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.