Love a yummy Pillsbury Crescent Roll Recipe? Try these out also . . .
It's been over two years since I made this recipe for the first time, but when someone commented that they had it a few weeks ago for Easter brunch I knew it was time to pull it out again! It's one of those recipes that my diet only allows me to make once every two or three years (even after using reduced fat crescent rolls . . .), but such a yummy meal to have ready for dinner before we headed out to baseball practice. (And maybe ever-so-slightly healthier than nachos or a hot dog at the ball park?)
It makes two huge sandwiches which we cut into five servings each and served with fruit. They are simply delicious, perfect for a busy weeknight, and you could even serve them as finger food if you're having family over for Mother's Day (or for an upcoming graduation party!) Here's the recipe . . .
Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 6 ounces medium sliced muenster cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- ½ cup red raspberry preserves (Could substitute with Strawberry, but I like them much better with raspberry if you have it on hand)
- Press crescent rolls into eight large rectangles (four sheets per each package of crescent rolls). Press on perforations to seal.
- Mix melted butter and honey, then brush over rolls, reserving a small amount of honey butter to use later.
- Bake crescent roll sheets at 350 for 10 minutes (until lightly browned). Cool for 10 minutes.
- Layer first sheet of crescent sheets on a baking sheet. Top with turkey.
- Next add second layer of crescent sheet, then add ham and cheese.
- Add third layer of crescent sheets over ham and cheese, and spread evenly with raspberry preserves.
- Layer with last sheet of sheet of crescent rolls.
- Brush crescent rolls with remaining honey butter, pop in oven for another 10-15 minutes, until crust is browned and cheese melted.
- Cool ten minutes and slice into 6-8 servings. Enjoy!
Here's the crescent rolls baking for the first time . . .
Then brush with honey butter. . .
And they come out looking like this. . .
Layer together the deli meat, cheese, and preserves. . .
And bake until golden brown!
If you're looking for more penny pinched meal deals, you might also enjoy some of our family's favorite slow cooker recipes (cooked by our favorite slow cooker, a.k.a. Mrs. Potts. . .)
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders
- Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooked Creamy Italian Chicken
- Ranch House Slow Cooked Pork Chops
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dressing
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich
- Perfect Slow Cooked Pot Roast
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.