When I saw that cherries were free at Earth Fare this week (and fairly inexpensive just about everywhere . . .) I knew it was time to re-post our family's favorite Cherry Cobbler recipe! Sometimes it's difficult to find a recipe that calls for fresh cherries (and canned cherries can get so expensive!), so this is a great time to treat of year to treat your family to some fresh cobbler.
This cobbler should cost between $3-$4 for the entire pan which will easily serve eight happy helpings (even less if you score the cherries free at Earth Fare!) So, for just $.50 per serving, there's no reason not to bake some up at your house this week . . I promise, your family will be so glad you did!
Fresh Cherry Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar Dixie Crystal $1.98 at Winn Dixie, or use $.75/1 Imperial Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries On sale $2.49/lb. at Publix, Rainier Cherries BOGO $5.99 at Publix, Free at Earth Fare, or $2.99/lb. at Harvey's, Food Lion, Winn Dixie & Bi-Lo (see how we pit them at our house)
- 3/4 cup white sugar Dixie Crystal $1.98 at Winn Dixie, or use $.75/1 Imperial Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ice cream optional . . . not-so-optional at our house 🙂 Breyer's BOGO $5.99 at Publix, use $1/2 Breyers Product printable or $0.50/1 Breyers Blast printable stacked with $1.50/2 Select Breyers Items Target printable
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in 9×13 casserole dish in stove, until completely melted (about five minutes.)
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar & baking powder in small bowl, mix well.
- Add milk and stir until combined, then pour flour/milk mixture over melted butter in casserole dish.
- Mix together cherries, 3/4 sugar, and 1 tbsp. flour in bowl. Evenly pour cherry mixture over flour/milk mixture in casserole (do not stir.)
- Bake 45-55 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm . . . with ice cream of course!
Thanks to All Recipes for this wonderful recipe! See I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.