Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Here you go!
I have LOVED Crock-tober this year soooo very much, but I'm just about ready for Mrs. Potts to soak in a well-deserved bubble bath, and enjoy a cozy bit of respite for just a few days.
I might just hop in that bubble bath too. 🙂
While Crock-tober has been such a great way to get dinner on the table (you know I really do these challenges to inspire myself, not you . . . ), I'm ready to slow down a bit, give myself some much needed grace, and settle right into the season too.
Yesterday I was at Bible Study and a very wise lady requested prayers for herself to simply enjoy the season.
Now as y'all know, Christmas is a measly 52 days away, meaning we only have a few fleeting days to soak it all in.
And I realized as she mentioned that, that at our very best we might be lucky enough to enjoy 100 Christmas seasons in our whole entire life.
And since 41 of mine are already gone, I don't want to miss a single moment of a single one.
So I'm determined to start.
Today while I worked for several hours on PPP, I also took 30 minutes off to wipe down my kitchen.
To catch up on some laundry.
To light a candle, turn on some Christmas music, and shuffle away nearly 82 pairs of well-worn tennis shoes.
I love (seriously . . . love, love, love, love, love) my work here on PPP, but it's so easy to get caught up in the Christmas crazies and look back in January realizing I never settled in even a wee bit.
So today I'm appreciating my wise friend's suggestion to settle down and soak it all in,
and sure hope you'll join me as we soak it all up (deals and everything!) too.
I whipped up some Pumpkin Quick Bread (my kids were thrilled)
and had a pot full of chicken tortilla soup today.
Yesterday we had the pork cacciatore,
And Mrs. Potts is all finished up til next year.
(okay, until next week when I need her again. But she's getting the weekend off for sure!)
If you haven't gotten it already, download your free Crock-tober Cookbook, print it out, and get your groceries (I use Kroger Clicklist to order my groceries – it's a grocery game changer!)
- Crock-tober Day 1 – Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- Crock-tober Day 2 – Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-tober Day 3 – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Crock-tober Day 4 – Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crock-tober Day 5 – Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crock-tober Day 6 – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
- Crock-tober Day 7 – Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock-tober Day 8 – Slow Cooker Open Faced Sirloin Sandwiches
- Crock-tober Day 9 – Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Crock-tober Day 10 – Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Crock-tober Day 11 – Slow Cooker Carmen's Chicken & Gravy
- Crock-tober Day 12 – Slow Cooker Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Crock-tober Day 13 – Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
- Crock-tober Day 14 & 15 – Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas & Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Crock-tober Day 16 – Slow Cooker Chicken & Sausage Stew
- Crock-tober Day 17 – Slow Cooker Pesto & Ranch Chicken
- Crock-tober Day 18 – Slow Cooker Roast
- Crock-tober Day 19 – Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore
- Crock-tober Day 20 – Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.