FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
EEK! Amazon just dropped the price to it's lowest price on our brand-spankin' new Crocktober Cookbook ~ go HERE to snag yours!
Y'all, I'm not gonna lie, so far today has been a terrible-no-good-very-bad-day. 🙁
But things are looking up (and at least dinner is done!)
The last few days I've had issues with my iPhone (which is what I use to record FB live), and sure enough this morning it wasn't working at all (the sound is completely awful, and I just bought a new iPhone 6 months ago!)
I'd driven all around town last night trying to get it fixed by picking up a new microphone (that didn't work), giving it a software update (didn't work either), and finally decided this morning to just use my iPad to video. (Which would be fine, except that I don't have a way to hold it. EEK!)
After an hour of fooling with that mess I finally made dinner on FB live (and it worked fine ~ whew!) then hauled my sweet ten year old to the doctor because she's just felt puny for about a week.
I was frustrated with the phone, frustrated with all I had to do, and frustrated with myself for being frustrated about all of it. (Because really, I KNOW this is stuff is small stuff, but it feels like big stuff some days!)
As I was at the doctor's with this girl, they thought she probably just had a weird stomach bug (her stomach's been bothering her and she's just acted weird for her.) But, they suggested we go ahead and get a flu shot (so figuring I'd at least get that checked off the list) we went ahead and did that.
When checking out she asked if she could go to the car (which I could see from inside the office), and said she felt a bit dizzy. I didn't think anything at all, and she went on her way.
About a minute later I heard a loud crash, turned to see what it was and realized Reagan had completely passed out just outside the doctor's office.
I have never in all my life been so scared.
She came around in just a few seconds, but needless to say, this momma's heart realized all the other small stuff really didn't matter.
Apparently she was just a little dehydrated and got anxious after the shot (she's always gotten a little nauseous after shots), and after a trip to the Chick Fil A drive thru seems to be a bit on the mend.
So tonight at least we have dinner done.
There are some gorgeous looking breadsticks sitting over by our oven ready to bake tonight, but I'm cozy on the couch with my girl and not even going to move over there to take a picture to show you. (You'll have to take my word for it.)
Last night we had the slow cooker open faced sirloin sandwiches for dinner, and they were fantastic too.
If your days some days look like mine and you feel like you can't manage one more thing, Crock-tober might be just for you too.
If you haven't gotten it already, download your free Crock-tober Cookbook, print it out, and get your groceries (I use Kroger Clicklist to order my groceries – it's a grocery game changer!)
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Monday – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
- Tuesday – Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Wednesday – Slow Cooker Open Faced Sirloin Sandwiches
- Thursday – Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Friday – Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
To join the Crock-tober Challenge this month, click HERE to get your free menu plan, grocery list and cookbook.
Here's how our schedule *should* look each day: 🙂
- 9 AM Eastern Time Facebook Live Video showing how to make the recipe each morning (during the video you can tap the ‘follow' button and you'll get updates each time PPP goes live)
- 1:30 PM Eastern Time – Blog post here on PPP with a replay of the video as well as links to recipes
- 6 PM Eastern Time (POSSIBLY! depends on family schedule) quick updated pick over on FB with how the recipe went
- 7:30 PM Eastern Time – Daily email goes out to email subscribers with all the info as well as today's top deals
And just in case you're interested, THE REAL COOKBOOK IS HERE TOO. (WOOHOO!) Go HERE if you'd like to order one from Amazon ~ Amazon dropped the price by 10% today, so this is the perfect time to snag yours!
I can't wait to spend this month with you ~ we're going to have a fantastic time feeding our family well all month long!
- Crock-tober Day 1 – Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- Crock-tober Day 2 – Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-tober Day 3 – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Crock-tober Day 4 – Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crock-tober Day 5 – Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crock-tober Day 6 – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
- Crock-tober Day 7 – Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock-tober Day 8 – Slow Cooker Open Faced Sirloin Sandwiches
- Crock-tober Day 9 – Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Crock-tober Day 10 – Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply