Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Here you go!
EEK! Amazon just dropped the price to it's lowest price on our brand-spankin' new Crocktober Cookbook ~ go HERE to snag yours!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Tonight's Crock-t0ber meal was Carmen's Chicken and Gravy (Carmen is a rockstar in our Dinner's Done Facebook Group and always posts the yummiest recipes!), and when we tried this one out a few weeks ago it was definitely one of our favorites.
I debated how to make it though, because we're having some college kids who serve in our local Young Life Ministry over to eat, and in all reality (although making this Crock-tober meal would have been so yummy for them), I'd already decided to give myself a little grace and order barbecue. 🙂
(Making mashed potatoes for 20 just wasn't in my what-I-really-am-up-for-right-now-today list!)
Then it dawned on me that I'll be out of town at a conference next week, and I could totally turn this meal into an easy freezer meal for my bunch while I'm away.
I dumped the ingredients to cook all day in one bag, added corn starch in another (because I'm not quite sure my family will know where to find corn starch without me), and included everything along with the instructions for the recipe in a larger bag in the freezer.
It took hardly any time at all, and I'm thrilled that I'll have a meal ready for them to enjoy while I'm away!
I also made up bags of chocolate chip cookies with Dollar Tree ribbon to send home tonight with the kids who come. (I'm so thankful for Young Life's Ministry and the kids that have poured into my older kids, that this was the least I can do!)
If you struggle with getting dinner done, I promise, these Crock-tober will change the way you do dinner in your home!
If you haven't gotten it already, download your free Crock-tober Cookbook, print it out, and get your groceries (I use Kroger Clicklist to order my groceries – it's a grocery game changer!)
Here's what's on the menu for this week:
- Monday – Slow Cooker Carmen's Chicken & Gravy
- Tuesday – Slow Cooker Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Wednesday – Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
- Thursday – Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Friday – Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Here's how our schedule *should* look each day: 🙂
- 9 AM Eastern Time Facebook Live Video showing how to make the recipe each morning (during the video you can tap the ‘follow' button and you'll get updates each time PPP goes live)
- 1:30 PM Eastern Time – Blog post here on PPP with a replay of the video as well as links to recipes
- 6 PM Eastern Time (POSSIBLY! depends on family schedule) quick updated pick over on FB with how the recipe went
- 7:30 PM Eastern Time – Daily email goes out to email subscribers with all the info as well as today's top deals
And just in case you're interested, THE REAL COOKBOOK IS HERE TOO. (WOOHOO!) Go HERE if you'd like to order one from Amazon ~ Amazon dropped the price by 10% today, so this is the perfect time to snag yours!
I can't wait to spend this month with you ~ we're going to have a fantastic time feeding our family well all month long!
- Crock-tober Day 1 – Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- Crock-tober Day 2 – Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-tober Day 3 – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Crock-tober Day 4 – Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crock-tober Day 5 – Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crock-tober Day 6 – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
- Crock-tober Day 7 – Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock-tober Day 8 – Slow Cooker Open Faced Sirloin Sandwiches
- Crock-tober Day 9 – Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Crock-tober Day 10 – Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Crock-tober Day 11 – Slow Cooker Carmen's Chicken & Gravy
- Crock-tober Day 12 – Slow Cooker Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Crock-tober Day 13 – Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
- Crock-tober Day 14 – Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Crock-tober Day 15 – Slow Cooker Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.