Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Here you go!
EEK! Amazon just dropped the price to it's lowest price on our brand-spankin' new Crocktober Cookbook ~ go HERE to snag yours!
Can I just tell you how thankful I am for this very special day?
It's so very special, because it's a day I get to be home all day.
No kid pick-ups. (That never happens in our home.)
No business calls.
Just a day to be at home.
Now, I do have to work (I typically work at least 8 hours a day on blog work here on PPP), but to get to do that without all the extra fluff around here just makes life a little simpler to take.
So today, as I shared on Facebook Live, I decided I wanted to do 30 minutes of something just for me.
(I even wore my all time favorite let's-stay-home-all-day outfit.) 🙂
I've been listening to Emily Freeman's Podcast The Next Right Thing (I HIGHLY recommend this one if you have just a few minutes each week!), and in episode 3 she recommended making a “most important list.”
I stopped typing away at emails and plans over here on PPP for 20 minutes, and came up with my very most important list.
Here goes. 🙂
(Note ~ she also includes pulling together your Life Draining List – I did write those as well but figured it was probably better not to share them here publicly!) 🙂
My Very Most Important Live Giving List (2017 to date)
- exercise (I exercise every morning during the week at 5:30 AM. Our gym has just started offering Body Pump and Body Combat which I love after taking those classes in Alabama, so I do those twice a week, spin class once a week, and run on the treadmill or do weight training the other two days)
- eating well (I am LOVING my daily strawberry spinach salad for lunch! I've tweaked my eating habits a bit in 2017 and am pleased with the results I'm seeing right now ~ will share more on that one in January if I feel confident in the plan I'm doing now)
- new podcasts to listen to – Amy Porterfield, Chalene Johnson, Donald Miller, Emily Freeman
- Joseph – The Journey to Forgiveness Bible Study
- fluffing up our home (specifically, getting an old print of James's parents re-matted – that picture gives me joy every time I walk by!)
- trip out west with family in June
- lunch or dinner dates with James (these don't come often enough!) 🙁
- mornings with Reagan home (she's home almost two hours after her older brother and sister leave for school, and while we don't do much in the mornings I love having her around and know I'll miss her when she starts middle school next year earlier in the day!)
- watching my daughter Caroline's confidence grow
- fluffing up Jackson's bedroom and spending a little extra time with him this last year before he heads to college
- beach trip with Shannon and Cheryl to plan the fall (both have worked on PPP now for several years – I have an amazing team and the 3 of us were lucky enough to sneak away with kids for a few days)
- visits with extended family and phone calls with my sister-in-laws (I'm so glad they put up with me!)
- making meals for people (I don't do this very often at all, but when I do it's more a gift to me than it is to the one I'm giving the meal to)
- shopping day with my friend Brandy and a lunch date with my friend Angie (I VERY rarely have time without kids that I'm not working, so having a day “off” on the weekend to enjoy with a friend is an incredible gift to myself!)
- phone calls with my friend Misty
- text messages with my friends Lana and Sarah
- Bible study at my friend Jen's home
- Easter family get together here at our house (this was our family's last big event before my father-in-law passed away in the Spring – such a special gift to each of us! You can see the sweetest picture of him with my son and hubby over HERE – he's been one of the biggest blessings in our lives and I'm so incredibly thankful God was gracious enough to let me be a part of this family.)
- working on our back yard this summer, (and our side yard, and our front yard . . . )
- menu plans with Tiffany from Eat at Home
- Mastermind group (this is a group of bloggers that I'm friends with gets together once a year and I love brainstorming ideas with them)
- coffee with my friend Lynette to talk shop 🙂
- text messages with my friend Mara (she's just moved to Israel and I miss her terribly!)
- having freezer meals done thanks to our Supper's Set for Summer Challenge in May (I LOVED THAT THIS SUMMER. Seriously.)
- pulling together an amazing team of women together to help me keep up with PPP (I'm pretty sure I could work here every day 24 hours a day and never catch up, so I'm incredibly thankful for each of them and the way they've been willing to grow their responsibilities!)
- seeing PPP's email list grow (this has been the most powerful thing I've done in the 8 years I've been typing away over here, and I'm so thankful to see some traction in this area! If you'd like to join our email list I'll keep you up to date with ALL the best deals, every single day + email you a PDF copy of our free Crocktober cookbook list and menu plan too, perfect as we get ready for the Christmas shopping season to know all the best deals, every single day!)
So, there's my most important list.
Maybe consider taking a few minutes today to make a most important list for yourself today too?
Oh. and by the way, I've got stuffed barbecue chicken potatoes in 2 crockpots on my counters right now.
And last night we had some seriously amazing vegetable tortellini soup too.
If you struggle with getting dinner done, take control of this small part of your home so that you can gift yourself with your most important list today too.
If you haven't gotten it already, download your free Crock-tober Cookbook, print it out, and get your groceries (I use Kroger Clicklist to order my groceries – it's a grocery game changer!)
Here's what's on the menu for this week:
- Monday – Slow Cooker Carmen's Chicken & Gravy
- Tuesday – Slow Cooker Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Wednesday – Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
- Thursday – Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Friday – Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Here's how our schedule *should* look each day: 🙂
- 9 AM Eastern Time Facebook Live Video showing how to make the recipe each morning (during the video you can tap the ‘follow' button and you'll get updates each time PPP goes live)
- 1:30 PM Eastern Time – Blog post here on PPP with a replay of the video as well as links to recipes
- 6 PM Eastern Time (POSSIBLY! depends on family schedule) quick updated pick over on FB with how the recipe went
- 7:30 PM Eastern Time – Daily email goes out to email subscribers with all the info as well as today's top deals
And just in case you're interested, THE REAL COOKBOOK IS HERE TOO. (WOOHOO!) Go HERE if you'd like to order one from Amazon ~ Amazon dropped the price by 10% today, so this is the perfect time to snag yours!
I can't wait to spend this month with you ~ we're going to have a fantastic time feeding our family well all month long!
- Crock-tober Day 1 – Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- Crock-tober Day 2 – Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-tober Day 3 – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Crock-tober Day 4 – Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crock-tober Day 5 – Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crock-tober Day 6 – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
- Crock-tober Day 7 – Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock-tober Day 8 – Slow Cooker Open Faced Sirloin Sandwiches
- Crock-tober Day 9 – Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Crock-tober Day 10 – Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Crock-tober Day 11 – Slow Cooker Carmen's Chicken & Gravy
- Crock-tober Day 12 – Slow Cooker Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Crock-tober Day 13 – Slow Cooker Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
- Crock-tober Day 14 – Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Crock-tober Day 15 – Slow Cooker Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.