I may never buy another boxed cake mix again! This one is super easy and I'm betting you have everything you need to make this Homemade Yellow Cake Mix right now! This recipe is sure to become a pantry staple you keep on hand at all times. 🙂
Homemade Yellow Cake Mix
I was a bit hesitant when Shannon mentioned she wanted a homemade yellow cake mix to be our next pantry staple. But, I'll admit that she was right on and this one is going to make your life a wee bit easier.
All the ingredients were items I had on hand so it was super quick to whip up! Plus, it was great to have all the dry ingredients ready to go when I got around to making my miniature baby bundt cakes and cupcakes! 🎂
Homemade Yellow Cake Mix Directions
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Add flour to a quart size mason jar (the wide mouth jars work best), followed by the sugar, baking powder and salt. Tap the jar on the counter every so often so all the ingredients will fit.
Store for later use.
Instructions When Ready to Prepare Cake Batter:
1. Place softened butter into a large bowl and mix on medium 1-2 minutes.
2. Add dry ingredients to bowl and mix for about 30 seconds.
3. Next, add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on medium-high for 1 minute.
4. Pour batter into greased and floured cake or muffin pans.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Baking the 9-inch cake pans 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you're making cupcakes, start checking them after about 15 minutes. The mini cupcakes were perfect at the 17 minute mark.
6. Cool before frosting.
I used a store bought frosting, but a homemade buttercream icing would be fabulous!
So cute! 😍
How fun are these baby bundt cakes!
5 Star Rating from my kiddos! 😋