I love a good fudgy, moist, but chewy brownie! 😍 They can be from a box or homemade, but there's something extra special about making them from scratch! This homemade brownie mix is great to keep in the pantry….
Homemade Brownie Mix
Oh boy, do we have a treat for you today! I've tested a few homemade brownie mix recipes recently to find one that deserves to be shared and put into your regular rotation. This……is…..the……one!!!
This is a great mix to whip up and keep on hand and will be a recipe you turn to over and over again. 🙂
Homemade Brownie Mix Directions
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 Tbsps water
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder, sugars, salt, flour and chocolate chips.
2. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
3. When ready to make, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×9 square pain with foil or parchment paper, leaving about a 2 inch overhang on two sides. This will allow you to lift the whole tray of brownies straight out of the pan.
4. Empty dry brownie mix into a large bowl and add eggs, vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine (mixture will be very thick).
5. Pour brownie batter into prepared dish; smooth top. Bake 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Let cool about 15 minutes and then gently lift brownies out of pan back onto the cooling rack.
7. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Yields 12 large squares or 24 mini squares.
324 calories per large square.
Note: you may also add in 2 teaspoons espresso powder for an even more intense flavor!
Sooooo yummy!!! 😍😍😍
Try adding in peanut butter or butterscotch chips for a fun twist. So many brownie creations just waiting to be discovered! 🙂
Looking for more recipes like this?
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.