FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
Crockpot Mexican Pork
In the Summer, I try to cook at least two to three real meals each week even when we're all heading different directions (whew!) But oh my word, this crockpot Mexican pork with guacamole salad from week 11 of the Low Cal Menu Planning Made Easy Menu Box was completely a winner and totally worth all 7 minutes it took to prep!
I blended the rub in my Black & Decker chopper (like this one) real fast in the morning, popped it all in Mrs. Potts bright and early, left to work at my co-working space for the day, and came back home a warm. yummy dinner simmering up in my crock. (Our home smelled simply divine when I walked through the door).
By the way – those handy menu planning stickers are still available. They make remembering what your family loved (or didn't love!) at dinnertime so easy. I love that they make it easy to remember all our favorite tweaks to each recipe as we go!
We loved it so much in fact, that the next night I caught my daughter in the kitchen at 10PM making herself a little pork & guacamole salad snack. My husband and I have eaten on the leftovers all week, and I probably will never make another type of Mexican pork in my crock.
Shred up the crockpot Mexican pork fast at the end of the day. Add a bunch of your favorite toppings and dinner is done.
The best part? It has fewer than 13 net carbs and 400 calories ~ you could do even fewer carbs if you skip the brown sugar in the marinade in the morning, or scoot down the calories a bit by skimping on the guacamole. And, it is soooo versatile too.
Add it to a low carb taco.
Serve it over a salad.
Make it as a rice bowl.
Let everyone in your bunch just make it up as they go.
Here's the Crockpot Mexican Pork recipe if you need a few new Taco Tuesday menu option tonight too!
Crockpot Mexican Pork with Guacamole Salad
- 3 lb pork loin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsps salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps white cooking wine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 8 oz container fresh spicy guacamole
- 32 oz pkg chopped romaine lettuce
- Place pork loin in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend mixture until totally combined and pour over pork loin. Rub mixture over entire surface.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours, or on high 3 hours. Pork is done when internal temperature reaches 145˚F.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board; cover pork with foil and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add 2 cups romaine lettuce to each individual serving plate and top each salad with 2 tablespoons guacamole. Serve salad alongside sliced pork.
If you're looking for some seriously delicious new low cal recipes, seriously think about the low cal menu planning box. Forty of the recipes have 15 or fewer net carbs, and all 72 recipes (including 12 desserts!) have less than 500 calories per serving.
We use this more than any other menu plans for dinner most nights (because I love that they're delicious, and good for you too!)
Head on over HERE to snag yours if you need a few new dinner ideas ~ I know you will love this one if you're looking for new yummy recipes to try too.
Looking for more low cal recipes? Here you go!
- Slim Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowls
- Excellent Eggs Florentine
- Copy Cat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Enchilada Style Stuffed Zucchini
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.