FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
It's our final day of our Be Awesome in April Spring Cleaning Challenge, and things are I am so so so glad this week is done!
Last night as I was racing to finish up the last batch of paint, I was so grouchy. I kept questioning why on earth I'd tackled such a ridiculous project, and wanted to throw my paint out the window. 🙂
But then I finally saw it all pulled together today.
Here's where the dining room started at 4 years ago when we first moved in (the piano headed to the basement and we finally changed the light fixture a few months ago.)
And here's how things look today. 🙂
I soooo didn't want to finish this project (and have been putting it off for two years!), but I'm so pleased with it now that it's done!
Here's what we did:
- new paint on our old kitchen chcairs
- new rug
- new mirror
- shutters no windows (these are coming in a few weeks ~ I can't wait!)
- new chandelier (we replaced that a few months ago)
- kept my James's grandparents furniture ~ saving us a ton and making him happy too . . . especially after losing his dad last May it was just too soon to do anything else!
If you have a space in your home that's been making you crazy, I encourage you to re-think that space and see if there might be a way to (frugally!) fluff it up.
Check out these 7 stores you need to shop when decorating on a budget if you're looking for ideas!
I'm so pleased with this room now, and am so glad I finally brightened up a space that's been so difficult for me to decorate ~ I really do love this little room now.
If you missed my FB live you can watch it over HERE.
If you've been joining us since the beginning of the challenge, remember that the first 10 days were focused on tackling cleaning projects in our home, so that this last five days we could tackle truly being awesome in April.
Here are are the things I finished to complete this makeover this week:
finish painting chairs buy a rug for the dining room purchase a new mirror for dining room find the right decor for table and buffet (possibly?) paint walls . . . I'm going to see what a difference #1 – #4 makes first) –DECIDED TO SKIP THIS ONE 🙂
In case you're new around here (I'm so glad you're here!), be sure to print your free Be Awesome in April Spring Cleaning Checklist right over HERE too ~ I'll be here sometime tomorrow morning with an update. I'm cheering for you to tackle a project in your home too!
BE AWESOME IN APRIL: THE ULTIMATE SPRING CLEANING CHECK LIST
- Spring Cleaning Day 1: Fridge & Kitchen Appliances!
- Spring Cleaning Day 2: Under the Sink Trick, Cleaning the Cupboards & More!
- Spring Cleaning Day 3: The Dishwasher (EEK!)
- Spring Cleaning Day 4: Laundry Hack & Eclair Cake!
- Spring Cleaning Day 5: The Bathroom!
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6: Mattress and Pillows
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 7: DO This to Your Mattress!
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Cleaning Out Junk Drawers
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 10: Motivated Moms Checklists & Frugal Tween Crafting
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 11: Painting Party!
- Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 12 & 13: Dining Room Update on a Budget
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply