FREE WORK PLANNER
Wondering how to make bread without a bread machine? This No Knead Artisan Bread recipe is easy and SO GOOD – no machine or kneading needed!
No Knead Artisan Bread
I have been making this no knead artisan bread and cannot believe just how easy it is! It is a few steps and saves sooo much money! This recipe is so easy you can add any spices or fresh garlic. It's so much better than store bought and so easy to make. And what is so great is there is NO bread machine needed. Once you make it you will never go back to buying it again.
We make the artisan bread when we make this Ham & Cheese Melts recipe! I have been making it for years and every time I mention it on FB live everyone asks for the recipe so here you go!
Here's the ingredients needed for this No Knead Artisan Bread recipe:
- garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- active yeast
- spices or garlic (if you would like to add them in!)
How to make bread without a bread machine in 5 easy steps:
- In a glass bowl stir flour, salt or garlic salt, Italian seasoning and active yeast in a bowl
2. Add warm water in bowl and stir with wooden spoon until it forms into a bowl
3. Place plastic wrap over bowl let rise for 12 – 18 hours or in oven with light on only for 6 hours (this is what I do)
4. Remove the dough from bowl shape into shape you want and sit it on a flour surface for 30 minutes with plastic wrap covering it
5. Put in Dutch oven with lid or place in a glass dish and cover with foil on 450 for 30 minutes ( I forgot to get a picture of this step)
Be super careful removing from oven as this will be HOT!
No Knead Artisan Bread Recipe
- 3 1/2 cup flour any kind
- 2 tsp salt or garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- spices or fresh garlic Totally your preference to add these or not!
- 1 tsp active yeast (you can use up to 2 tsp - just depends on how big you want your loaf)
- In a glass bowl stir flour, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and active yeast in a bowl
- Add warm water in bowl and stir with wooden spoon until it forms into a ball
- Place plastic wrap over bowl let rise for 12 - 18 hours or in oven with light on only for 6 hours (this is what I do)
- Remove the dough from bowl shape into shape you want and sit it on a flour surface for 30 minutes with plastic wrap covering it
- Put in Dutch oven with lid or place in a glass dish and cover with foil on 450 for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven carefully it'll be super hot!
- If you want a crispier top remove lid or foil and cook for another 10 minutes
What is the best flour to use in this Artisan Bread Recipe?
The best flour to use for bread recipes is bread flour – however, I've used all types with this recipe and it always turns out amazing! If you have bread flour on hand, you can use that – but definitely don't run out and buy it special.
Looking for more Bread recipes? Give these a try!